Chp. 6: The Garden

(Y/n)'s POV
I was in disbelief. His answer made no sense. I had hurt him... I could have killed him, but he just brushed it off and now I was to meet him in the garden?! Senseless!

I knew Rory would be irritated and worried sick if I just left the hospital and never checked in with him, but you only live once! I was extremely anxious to explore the stunning garden. I did, however, asked my nurses to inform Rory of what I was doing, if he came by.

In my infirmary room, I had been left with a change of clothes... a long, chiffon white dress. I couldn't imagine who would want to wear some formal dress after having a panic attack and fainting, but I didn't seem to have a choice. I put on the dress, but they had left me no shoes, except my combat boots, which I honestly preferred. I walked to the cobblestone entryway of the forest and admired the ivy that crawled amongst the stones. The Prince has not told me where to meet him, so I wandered a bit.

As I admired some sunflowers a refraction caught my eye. I turned to see what the light was bouncing off of and noticed a greenhouse that was small, compared to the rest of the garden. I hoped it was okay to explore it, as I gently pushed open the door.

Humid air grasped my face and it smelled of various herbs. This must be the herb garden, I thought while looking around. I knew a pretty decent amount of herb identification from studying biology in secret. My parents always told me that things relying on light are weak and selfish, but things that create light are strong and most important. This meant that I was expected to practice creating light, and never was allowed to study how my light affects others. To this day, I believe that is why I have trouble controlling my mirages that I place on others... like poor Todoroki.

I couldn't say that I had a bad childhood because my parents thought very greatly of me, but I did wish it was different. I wish I could have had a normal life where I wasn't screamed at or physically hurt if I made a tiny mistake. I wish I didn't have to study the subjects I wanted study in secret. I wish I could have been enough for my parents just the way I was, but I guess life doesn't work that way.

I noticed that a lot of the herbs had unfamiliar names, and the ones I knew originated in foreign lands. I was examining some Holy Basil when I heard the door click shut.

 I was examining some Holy Basil when I heard the door click shut

Shouto's POV

I realized that I never told (l/n) where in the garden to meet me, so I made my way to the entrance, hoping she didn't get curious and go off in her own.

I look around the entrance, to no prevail. Maybe she's still getting ready and isn't here yet, I thought. I remembered how she admired the garden from that palace window and thought back to the vision I had. The girl who wanted to grow flowers... I tried to think in the mindset of a curious, plant-loving girl, hoping I might get an idea of where she went. That's just stupid, Shouto. I agreed with my thoughts and stopped thinking so childishly.