Ch. 27: An Angel

Shouto's POV
A shadowy figure, looking oddly similar to (Y/n), kicked me away from (Y/n). I rolled backwards, clutching where I had been kicked. I grit my teeth and looked up to see (Y/n) standing with the figure hugging her from behind.

"(Y/n), you are a monster— If you touch him he will die. You can either embrace that or stay away from him," the figure twirled a piece of (Y/n)'s hair, hitting every nerve in my body.

"I-I don't want to hurt him," (Y/n) mumbled. She looked so damaged... I just wanted her in my arms. Nobody would ever think such a strong girl could be so broken.

"She's not a monster! She's an angel! (Y/n) you're the entire reason that nobody else died in battle. You saved everyone! Your sacrifice let us live!" I yelled, standing up.

"R-really?" (Y/n)'s eyes shimmered and the figure holding her fell back.

"Ack! What the- What did you do?! (Y/n) that man is trying to hurt you! Kill him!" The figure screamed.

"What? Why would Sho-chan try to hurt me? Why would I kill him?" (Y/n) was puzzled and seemed not to know who to trust.

"(Y/n) this is your mirage! You can keep him from hurting you again! He is stuck in here! Let him face your monstrous wrath!" The figure cackled, putting it's face next to (Y/n)'s.

"Wait, this is a mirage?" (Y/n) asked. Apparently, she was just as confused as I was.

"It was the only way I could save us. So remember that, I saved you. You owe me. Now kill him," the figure pointed a judging figure at me.

"Woah woah woah woah woah, hold up. If you're me and you saved me... doesn't that mean I saved myself? So technically, I don't owe you anything. I mean, you would have died too," (Y/n) was beginning to sound more like herself. I stood with a blunt expression, not understanding one bit of what was going on. (Y/n)'s words seemed to take a toll on the... other her? The other her stumbled backwards and screamed in agony.

"(Y/n), if this is a mirage, then you just need to end it and we can be free," I stepped forward and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Free?! She will never be free until she fully gives into her quirk! It's people like you that keep her from her full potential! (Y/n), just let me take over and you will never live in fear again!" The other (Y/n) cackled. The more (Y/n) quivered, the more sinister the figure began to look. I began to understand what was needed to be done.

"(Y/n), you can't let her win. That isn't you! You just need to believe that you aren't a monster!" I squeezed (Y/n)'s hand and watched the other her screech in pain, but something else caught my attention— an explosion.

Suddenly, a rabid hedgehog and his dragon friend came hurtling our way, Bakugo landing a punch on what was deemed the enemy.

"Katsuki?! Kiri?! You guys are alive?!" (Y/n) asked, clutching my hand tighter.

"Why wouldn't we be, Boom Box?" Bakugo smirked and Kirishima declares (Y/n) Manly. A smile crossed her face and the entire area seemed a bit lighter.

"(Y/n)! Kill these men! They are a threat-"

"No, they're not," (Y/n) sassed, earning a suppressed chuckle from myself.

"What? What did you say? Did you just talk back to me? Who do you think you are?!" The figure swayed a bit, unable to stand steady.

"(Y/n)?! Is that really you?!" A short brunette bounced over and gripped (Y/n)'s face, trying to decide if she was dreaming or not. I turned to see General Tokoyami, Midoriya, and Joo-ri making their way over, but one person still unconscious on the ground.