3K Oneshot

>THIS DOES NOT EFFECT THE STORYLINE<

(Y/N)'s POV

I was alone, in a room with no light, I had nothing and my quirk didn't seem to respond to my beckoning. It was clear to me that I was in a room, a cold, metal one at that, and that the space was not endless. I needed someone, or even something, to comfort me.

"Why am I alone?" The words escaped my lips, without me forming the sentence in my brain. Of course, there was no answer. I had been hugging my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth, but I decided to stop. I rolled onto my hands and knees and crawled to a corner of the confinement. My nails traced my enclosure, lightly at first, but I slowly started scratching the walls harder and harder, screeches filling my ears.

"You're a walking nightmare, (Y/N)," a familiar voice interrupted. I stopped the scratching, perplexed at the sudden intrusion.

"Who's there?" My voice quivered.

"You didn't recognize my voice? Of course not, you're too absorbed in your own little tragedies to pay attention to those around you," a duel-haired boy stepped in front of me, as blinding light flooded the small confinement.

"You want to know why you're alone? I thought you would be able to figure it out... haha guess you really are an ignorant princess. Everyone hates you (Y/N). You ruin people's lives on a daily basis! Rory's, your parents... mine. You're better off here, where the only person you can hurt is yourself. Goodbye (Y/N). Enjoy your stay... forever," the prince laughed an unsteady and haunting laugh, sending chills throughout my body. The piercing, heterochromatic eyes disappeared from my vision and darkness once again took over.

I stared at the nothingness for a long time and then... I screamed. It felt as if I could scream forever and it wasn't out of self-pity. No, it was because every word he said was true. Every. Last. Word.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Wake up! Please, it's okay! It's not real! It's just a nightmare! Please, wake up, (Y/N)," an all too familiar voice pleaded. The person was shaking me violently and I was snapped back to reality. I sat up straight in a cold-sweat, panting from all the screaming I had not just been doing in my dream.

"(Y/N), are you okay?!" Shouto stepped back, when he saw me start upright. My breathing became faster and faster, as the words he spoke in my dream kept repeating in my head. Before I could realize it, I was seriously hyperventilating. It wasn't until two strong hands, one cool and one warm, grasped my face that my breathing became somewhat normal.

"Shhhhh shhhh," Shouto hushed me. "It's alright. None of it was real, it was just a silly nightmare. You're alright, I've got you." I've got you. Never would I have expected to hear those words coming in such a comforting manner from my fiancé. Usually, I would have turned a cold-shoulder and crawled into my bitter shell, but, for some reason, I felt relaxed by his soothing voice.

"There you go... deep breaths. Look at me, (Y/N), what happened in your dream. The only way you are going to get over it is if you tell someone. You were screaming... you're lucky you didn't wake the whole palace up," Shouto chuckled, still holding the back of my head and rubbing circles with his thumbs by my ears. I looked into his concerned eyes and burst into tears. I had absolutely no control over my emotions after that dream.

I gripped the comforter of my bed and curled into a ball. Hot tears burned my cheek as they streamed out of my red, puffy eyes. I choked on my tears when I felt two arms encircle my waist. Shouto wedged his head in the crook of my neck and squeezed me tight into a hug.

"Sh-Shouto?" I managed to squeak out. I was caught so off-guard by his out-of-character actions.

"As a kid, I used to suffer from horrible nightmares and my mother always told me that the only way to overcome the pain of them was to tell someone exactly what happened. Can you do that for me?" His voice grew deep and hoarse as he hugged my closer. I managed to nod my head, before recalling the terrible nightmare.