4

Russ

The inner Latin American that I had been forced to embrace whilst being raised by the De Santis family was currently doing the cha-cha.

I had finally gotten Charlotte.

It wasn't just about the acquisition though, since I woke up and read that little note card next to a bottle of Fiji and some Aleve, I had to know the woman behind the scenes.

So, I may have done childish things like only agree to what she ordered me to do when she agreed to my orders as well, but hey, I've got the woman I wanted.

At first sight, I knew that she would be worth the chase, but as the months passed, part of my orders were that if we didn't fuck, which she was adamant about, that we would at least be friends.

With that agreement in place, I learned about her. What she liked with her coffee, how many siblings she had, how she belly danced on Instagram and still managed to remain viewed as a professional, - I had seen some rather racy ones that I had screen recorded for my spank bank- hell, even her mother's maiden name! I understood how she behaved towards other people, and with that smart mouth, it would be a miracle to most that I was still attracted to her.

She was crass, making snide comments and stopping me from doing so by sexualizing my twin brother.

I knew none of it was true, but it didn't help when the one woman you couldn't have talked about how someone with the same face as you, was the pretty one.

Reaching into my refrigerator, I got the necessary ingredients to prepare the two of us some breakfast as Charlotte took a seat at my breakfast bar.

Charlotte didn't look at me as I made her an egg white omelet, and some waffles, and a breakfast sandwich for myself.

Placing a few strawberries in the corner of her plate, I smacked my hand down on the counter to get her attention.

She hadn't even taken a glance at me. Simply sat, picking at her fingernails and trying to make her dress longer by pulling at the hem of it.

Though the smack of my palm hitting the table rang through my penthouse, Charlotte didn't jump. I'd known she wouldn't, however, I was hoping she would look up, which she did not.

Rounding the bar, I made my way to the stool next to hers. Taking a seat, I swiveled her stool around and forced her to face me.

Roughly, and yet still gently, I grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at me.

Moving my hand lower to her neck when her eyes still didn't meet mine, I asked, "What's wrong Candy?"

Pursing her lips, Charlotte shook her head as best she could with my hand around her throat. That was an instant red flag since Charlotte usually never stopped talking and even when she was quiet, she had sarcastic remarks and rude responses prepared.

"Charlotte, something's bothering you, tell me," I commanded in a whisper, frowning at her detached response.

I had thought this night would signify that she wanted the same thing that I did.

"Russ I," she started, closing her mouth and taking a gulp of air. "I'll tell my boss to trade me with Johann. This was a mist-"

"No, no, no. Candy, last night wasn't a mistake. At least not for me? C'mon this won't affect anything," I pleaded, dropping my hand to rest on her waist.

Inside I was a micrometer away from panicking. It had taken me a while to get Charlotte in my bed and for some odd reason, I actually liked her there. I wasn't ready to just end what could be after only one night.

"It's already been affected, Russ. Goodbye," Charlotte mumbled, hopping off of the stool to grab her small black clutch that I hadn't even remembered her having.

I made no move to stop her, knowing that I would never be able to force Charlotte into something she wouldn't want to do. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I tried, she would've done something to make me want to put her out.

She'd already put on her dress and those sexy boots from last night, so she headed straight for the personal elevator. Once she stepped inside she pressed the button for the lobby, and just as the doors closed she slid on a pair of black sunglasses.

And without a wave or even a half-hearted smile, she was just gone.

😊✌