15

Charlotte

"You're bouncing your leg. You okay, baby?"

Cheeky bastard. Russ's question caught the attention of his twin who sat across from him. Dylan looked at me curiously but said nothing, his mouth currently full of steak.

"Fine," I replied. But my words were muffled by my mask. I still wasn't ready for the entire world to know who I was, or for pervy weirdos to stalk my social media.

Mental note: delete those belly dancing videos...

Fighting the stifling urge to stab Russ in the thigh with my unused fork, I glanced up towards Stella. A pretty blonde, much like myself, however a little dim-sighted if you asked me.

She had chosen a Cobb salad and hadn't even touched it. She was far too busy looking at her phone. Though at least she didn't attempt to hide it, instead she held it dangerously close to her face and had her elbow on the table.

God, if my mother was here...

"You sure you don't want anything to eat... ma'am?" The masculine waiter who had taken our orders at the start of the evening returned once again. I shook my head, giving him a stiff smile, though I knew he couldn't see it.

For the first time of the night, however, I looked at him and his chocolate brown eyes twinkled as he nodded, determination set in his features.

"Let me know," he said softly, a small smile gracing his lips as he walked away.

Following his retreat, we sat in relative silence before I felt someone's stare on me. Looking up to find the source, I found not one, but two sets of eyes.

Russ, who gazed at me curiously, having abandoned his dinner some time ago, and the waiter who was looking at me from a few tables away.

"What," I asked Russ, whispering so that I wouldn't disturb Dylan and Stella.

"He's flirting with you," Russ replied calmly.

"So? Not like it matters, right?"

"But if it was a girl flirting with me, you'd want me to say something about it," Russ whisper shouted.

"Oh, for the love of God," Stella groaned, reaching over and attempting to pull my mask off of my face.

She succeeded, however as a precaution, I wore two of them, making her attempt pointless, as the second one, this one gray, was revealed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Russ hissed, gaining the attention of a few other tables. He instantly wrapped an arm around my waist, drawing me towards him, looking down at me with worry and frustration at Stella.

"Excuse me? I was just trying to make things easier for everyone here. You guys can argue easier, and everyone knows who blondie is, and I get the Instagram attention I deserve again," Stella exclaimed with a roll of her blue contacts.

Shallow.

"This is your girlfriend?" Russ asked his brother and then scoffed. "But I'm the dumb one. Baby, let's go."

He pulled out his wallet and placed down an unnecessary amount of bills before nodding to Sebastian who was positioned across the room. Grabbing my hand gently in his, he stood and I followed, giving a quick middle finger to Stella.

Once we were outside, Sebastian not far behind, I was relieved to no longer see the paparazzi.

The three of us made our way to Russ's car, Sebastian bidding us farewell for the night.