Bonus Chapter | Concepcion

Charlotte

. . .

"What happened on December fourteenth?" I asked for the billionth time, this time aloud as Russ was in the room and could likely provide the answer.

Once my doctor had declared me exactly fourteen weeks pregnant and going into my second trimester, I had been trying to figure out when our child had been conceived.

"Well," Russ began, foam flying haphazardly out of his mouth as he took a break from brushing his teeth. "That wush when Fweddi had the gallewy opening in London... Huntew wush wif us that time 'cause Bash had to go check on his sishtur."

I nodded my confirmation. "Right, we had sex in the limo and passed out on the way home. But that can't be right 'cause we used a condom."

I had gone off of the shot once we'd gotten engaged, and although we weren't exactly trying, we didn't want to wait once we started, hence the condoms.

Russ nodded, holding up a finger as he went to go rinse his mouth out.

"Maybe it broke and we didn't notice cause we fell asleep?" Russ offered.

I shook my head. "We would have noticed. I would've probably heard it and you would have felt it."

"Um guys," Rowena announced. "Hunter and I kinda have to talk to you."

Russ and I looked at each other suspiciously, but walked with her into the kitchen nonetheless. Hunter sat at the breakfast bar, looking especially guilty as he stared at a glass of water.

"So, Char... Uh, what's your um, predicted date of conception?" Rowena asked.

I arched an eyebrow at her as I took the seat beside Hunter, feeling Russ come to stand behind me. "December fourteenth, why?"

"That was the night of the gallery right," she asked, and I nodded my confirmation. "Okay, look. I just wanna say right off the bat that this is Hunter's fault —"

I watched with increasing worry as Hunter looked up at her in disbelief.

"You guys used one of the condoms from the glovebox?" she asked, her green eyes telling me that she already knew the answer but needed to hear the confirmation anyway.

"Yeah."

Inhaling a deep breath, she nodded at this, casting her eyes downward. "As you're aware, Hunter and I are together... Back then we weren't and he wanted me to be with him. So we might have playedagameofcondomrouletteandlefttheboxofcondomsweusedandyouguystousedone."

"What the hell is condom roulette?!" Russ and I both exclaimed.

Rowena blushed, taking a step back and nudging Hunter with her elbow as a signal for him to continue. "Condom roulette it's ah... it's a sex game. You take a box of condoms and use a needle to poke a hole in half of the packets. Then you seperate 'em and shake up the box. I figured with Ro, if she got pregnant then she would see it was meant to be, and if not, then I guess not. Obviously I went after her anyway but—"

I burst into tears of laughter holding my barely showing belly as literal tears of amusement flooded my cheeks, and smacked Russ on the chest before using that hand to grip his shirt as I attempted to call my hysteria. "Guess we were meant to be!"

~FIN~

    😊✌