Chapter 15

When the plane landed Kat ushered the children off the plane and to the microbus. Everyone was tired and full since she'd ensured there was plenty of food. When they arrived she found both Alpha's, her mate and the other theta's from their team there. She gave Zane a good hug and kiss, "Love you Zane. Thanks."

The trip to the pack house was just enough to have most of the kids fall asleep. Much of the pack was there though they were being quiet. The junior wolves collected the pups and took them to Zane's section and settled them in one of the lounges. Most of the team settled down around them and did their best to comfort them.

Zane took Kat to their room and held her, "Let the others take care of them for a moment. I'm going to take you into our shower and give you as much love as I can.  I missed you." He pulled her towards the shower and once she'd stripped he pulled her into the shower and comforted her.

When they finally came out of the room the two of them found the children were asleep on the central section of the lounge. There were a number of futons laid out next to each other, "I can't believe they were tossed out to the street Zane. I just can't." She turned to him and leaned against him.

"We'll deal with it Kat. We do need to identify the children, so we can ensure they are listed as being with our pack or the pride." He was going to deal with this personally and maybe have Sharp Tooth come with to help. In this case Adam and Brook wouldn't know since some of the families would probably vanish. Not any children they had but the parents. It would show the Pride how they looked at protecting their own, "Talked with the Pride and they will take the pups or kits who wish to be adopted by them."

*Adam, Brook, I might be leaving for a few weeks. It's related to the children. Beyond that I won't say anything.* Zane wasn't going to ask Kat to help him and if all else failed he could take Melody along with. The parents needed to be talked to and dealt with. He hoped Adam would allow this or it might get messy.

*If it's about tracking down who tossed them out... The Pack there has already started to investigate. I am sure they would welcome the assistance in dealing with it. Although, not sure I want to make a major issue with the humans, so keep it quiet, and off the books.* Adam had discussed it with his mate, and had to talk her out of personally dealing with them, as she would have left small pieces behind. *I can give you eight weeks vacation... Just don't tell me anything more.*

Brook just gave a mental growl of agreement that was laced with a background of red.

*I doubt I'll need that long but thanks. If nothing else I can do some training with the pack which will give me a reason to be there.* He could feel the anger from the pack and knew the pups and kits would be taken care of. Chances were good half the pack would escort them to the pride.

*****

The next morning when the pups woke they found the entire team was in the lounge including most of their pups. They found each one of them were being held by one of the team and had some of the team's pups curled up with them.

Zane stood, "Girls go with Kat, boys, with me. Showers, getting dressed, and then breakfast." He left the room and headed towards one of the communal showers. He stripped his shorts off and walked into the shower. One of the boys stared at him, "God you are ripped." He looked away and hunched as if he expected to be beat.

Zane snorted, "Call it constant exercise. I have to keep in shape for when I tend to stupid things like diving off a cliff to save a silly human. Now into the shower and time to get clean." His eyes were tense at the boy who cringed. He wanted to find who made him feel that way and rip their arms off. He kept his wolf calm since it would scare the pups.