Cold Memories

Recap: Apoth started walking towards the door back outside of the room. When he was standing in the doorway he turned back to look at Artemis.

"And no, I do not work for Gaea, she works for me."

It had been one week since Artemis had woken. She would mostly spend time in her room, too afraid of what horrors were waiting for her in Gaea's army camp.

She couldn't escape via her powers so she was practically useless against the enemy leader, Apoth.

Even if she did have her powers she was reluctant to say but she thought that Apoth would definitely defeat her in a fight.

Artemis thought awhile on how to escape. If her powers were dulled in this camp than the only way for her powers to increase would be in her domain.

Luckily for her, her domains included the moon and would be stronger in the forests, and it just so happened that there was a forest she spotted from her window that was close by.

Her plan was brilliant. Tonight she would sneak out at night time and rush to the forests where she could gain enough power to flash herself away.

She grinned. Perfect. The plan might have a couple flaws but she was no good but a bargaining piece for the enemies is she stayed.

As she was planning her door was roughly pushed open and in came a Nymph. Artemis widely spun around to only calm down as she saw the small figure.

"Oh it's just you Keira," Artemis sighed in relief. The Nymph smiled and nodded to the moon goddess.

You see, Keira was the Nymph that she learned cleaned her up when she was in her unconscious state.

When Artemis had first met the Nymph she was relieved to find out that the girl was, in fact, nice to her.

She had asked Keira about when she was cleaning her up and was surprised to find that Apoth had ordered her to clean Artemis up.

Artemis would have thought that most vile men would just touch her body as they pleased, but Apoth had a Nymph clean her up.

She became quite interested in the leader of Gaea's army. He seemed to hold a sort of dignity and wasn't vile like all men were. But he was the enemy. It confused her greatly.

Keira coughed to get Artemis' attention since the goddess spaced out. Artemis apologized, "So, Keira, what brings you here?"

The Nymph chuckled, "To bring you lunch like every day since the great moon goddess is too scared to come out of her room," Keira mocked.

If anyone else besides the Nymph or her hunters had said she was afraid, Artemis would have made them disintegrate instantly. Artemis shook her head at Keira's antics.

Then a thought appeared in her head; 'If she was going to leave would she really leave Keria behind? No, she refused to believe that she would leave her friend behind, she would take the Nymph with her and could hopefully muster enough energy to flash them both out.'

Artemis' silver eyes glowed as she swung to look Keira in the eyes. "Keira, would you like to come with me, I am going to escape tonight through the woods. Would you like to come with me?"

Keira actually paled for a second, then a thinking expression appeared on her face. She started to hum, "Hmmm, I mean I guess, are you sure we can escape though?"

Artemis nodded, she had to be strong for the both of them, "Yes, of course. Come back here one hour before midnight so we can get a headstart. At Midnight I will be most powerful, so we must be in the woods by Midnight, that is our only window."