Moving and conversations

Loki had been removed from the glass cell, he ran a hand through his raven hair as he sat on his new bed and looked out of the bars. After his latest plans had gone awry his mood had turned for the worst, and the last thing he wanted was to be moved. Quickly he stood back up and went to the bars, grabbing them tightly and leaning his face close.

"GAURD!!" A man with a large weapon and a gray outfit strode up. He stood still.

"Can I ask for a mirror and a large cover over these dreadful bars?" The guard-in-gray nodded without a word and his boots plodded away as he did as told, though it be to a prisoner. Loki sighed and pushed away from the bars, his hands going behind his back, pacing.

After a hour and a half had passed a mirror was brought in, and a large-thin but mostly sound resistant-cover had been brought. Loki smiled wickedly as they assembled it.

There was a large opening for people to walk inside, and a small opening for food or whatever he requested.

"Thank you that will be all for now." He said. They closed the cover and than the bars, which he faintly heard, Loki laughed, as a strand of his hair came in front of his face. He tucked it back behind his ear. With a yawn he pulled off his jacket and threw it on the ground. The Asgardian Frost Giant paced up and down for a few minutes. He had taken off his boots so the clicking would not annoy himself, and than he looked up. Again he went to the once exposed bars. He pulled back some of the cover.

"Guard!" He yelled once more, and a new guard showed, same appearance with all of them save skin colors. How many other mortals dressed this way? He thought.

"What do you want now?" Growled the guard.

"Bring me some books please. I need something to do in here besides just pace with my thoughts even though they are better than talking with mortals such as yourself-not to offend." The guard scoffed but said nothing as he walked away to get the requested items. Loki put the cover back up and waited on the bed, staring at himself in the mirror.

"Pull the cover back!" Yelled a voice after a thump, many minutes later.

"Oh that was fast." He said sarcastically to himself, loudly so the guard would hear.

"Just shut up and take them." Said the guard, handing him three books.

"Thank you again." Loki chimed, and with a smile he shut the cover and lay down on the bed to read.

The books were smaller than he had expected, in Asgard they were some what larger and filled with text, Loki looked at the cover of them. "Heartless, Harry Potter and War and Peace. Peculiar names."

He set down two of them-War and Peace and Harry Potter-on the bed next to hisself and read the back of the book's cover. Heartless seemed interesting, but ultimately he settled for War and Peace. He read a few chapters before he folded a corner of the page down and shut his eyes. This quiet reminded him of Thor's banishment, how he had walked to his 'brother's' room and knocked only to remember. That was when he learned the truth. Loki took the books gently in his hands and put them on the ground, as he settled in for a nap.

Crash.

His eye lids flickered open, and Loki looked up to see they were bringing his meal to him. The mortals gave him a glance as they shut the cover and left. Sitting up he stretched his arms and legs before getting up. The meal consisted of meat, a drink, and an apple. He gagged at the smell of it.

"I may be a prisoner but at the least they could bring something other than this meager food!" He said aloud to himself.

Loki, though repulsed, ate his meal and left the tray on the ground. He leaned back against the bed, and put his head on it. He stood up after a few minutes and removed the topmost layer of his clothes so he was in his under-armor clothes, a thin layer but it was more comfortable. He ran his hands through his hair.

Two knocks against the cover startled Loki. Quickly he recovered, he couldn't look scared. He got up, his socks giving a soft pad against the floor. Folding back the cover he frowned when he saw Tony Stark and Bruce Banner standing there. Banner had a scared almost annoyed appearance and Stark had a cocky grin.

"What do you want?" Loki hissed.

"Just wanted to see how you were holding up Reindeer Games." Mocked Stark. Loki rolled his eyes.

"Tony-"

"Hold on Bruce." Tony said, reaching an arm back. Bruce sighed and crossed his arms. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"You should be glad that the Chatauri and myself didn't succeed or I would have had you flogged first."

"Oh I knew you weren't going to win, I told you," His head snapped to Bruce,"We have a Hulk."

"Stark!" Yelled a deep voice. Loki sighed, and Tony rolled his eyes up, obviously annoyed. Bruce looked releaved.

"Thus comes my dearest brother Thor." Loki said and he stepped away from the bars. Thor shoved Tony and looked into the bars.

"Brotha! Are you doing alright?" Thor asked, Loki's head fell forward. "Brotha?"

"We'll leave you two alone." Bruce grabbed Tony's shoulder and practically dragged him away.

Loki reached to put the cover up and Thor snagged his arm through the bars.

"Brotha, what is the matter?" Thor asked, he was such an imbecile compared to Loki.

"You, Thor." The blonde man looked offended. "Go away or send back Stark or anything just shoo."

Thor bowed his head, turned and walked away. Loki stared after him a few seconds before shutting the cover which seemed more like a curtain. If only he had a window to admire the moon when it rose.

"Hopefully these 'Avengers' stop popping in so I can sleep tonight!" He said, yanking off his last remaining shirt.

His skin was pale and covered with bruises, scars, cuts, and bumps. Loki rubbed over his heart, for though inside his box it was warm he shivered with cold.

His palm warmed his chest a small bit, and his long hair tickled his naked shoulders when he ruffled it. Loki grabbed his new book and read for a little bit more, his legs were bent at a comfortable angle.

After an hour(or so he guessed)and many yawns, he marked his spot and shut the book, placing it on the ground. Loki pulled down the blanket, crawled underneath and put his head on the pillow. The blanket was scratchy and the bed was hard but it was better than the ground.

He shut his eyes and got comfortable on his side. Loki fell to sleep after a short time and remembering the song Frigga had sung to him and Thor when they shared a room as children, many years ago.