Memories of Tears

Loki circled around his small cage, how he longed for something different then just gray and more gray. His hair was in shambles, his skin as white as fresh snow, and he longed for Frigga and Sigyn. He loved her, his sons and daughters. All of the family he had, but when he thought of anything outside his cell, he seemed to skrink to a small husk of himself.

"You are a pathetic man," Said his own voice. Loki turned, a apparition of himself was there. Tears, hot and heavy filled his eyes, "You're nothing but a prop, a toy, a face for something and someone else! You're doing the dirty work for someone else when you could be sitting pretty on Odin's throne, sending the Destroyer was terrible, YOU gave Thor his powers back!" Shouted the vision.

"I did not mean to do it! I had no idea he would sacrifice himself or that Sif and the Warriors Three would go try to find him, it was a choice, a last second choice."

"One that was foolish! You could be with your precious Sigyn, and Frigga, Thor powerless down here amongst the mortals, with his Midgaurdian quim. You are a monster." Said this form, he hated himself. He was a monster one parents told their kids to frighten like in stories, as he had cried to Odin once. A memory flashed into Loki's mind, he seemed to freeze in his place. Stuck staring into his own eyes. Cursed, broken, lost.

"Stop!" Odin screamed, as Loki picked up the Casket.

"Am I cursed?" He asked his father, the Casket turning his skin blue slowly. Terror and power surged through him.

"No."

"What am I?" He put down the Frost Giants power.

"You're my son." Odin said to him, voice echoing.

"What more than that?" Loki turned. The blue began to fade from his skin. He slowly walked to Odin, standing high on the stairs. "The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it?" Odin's one eye seemed to fill with fear though he stood still and proud.

"No...In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small, for a Giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufeyson." Odin said to him, Loki looked away but could not move.

"Laufey's son?" He asked the King.

"Yes."

"Why? You were knee deep in Jotun-blood, why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child."

"No, you took me for a purpose...what was it?" Odin stared at him, with a blank expression like he was a dumb child, tears welded themselves in his eyes, threatening to fall. "TELL ME!" Loki screamed, it echoed louder not softer.

"I thought we could unite our Kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance, bring about permanent peace-through you."

"Wha-"

"But those plans no longer matter."

"So I am nothing than another stolen relic, locked up, here until you might have use for me?"

"Why do you twist my words?"

"You could have told me what I was from the very beginning why didn't you?"

"You're my son, I wanted nothing more than to protect you from the truth."

"What, because I-I-I'm the Monster parents tell their children about at night?" Odin had been mumbling something, as slowly he sat down on the stairs, weakening before Loki's eyes as he went into an Odin Sleep.