thirteen

Eunkwon's pov
me and Nayoung were given a room each. right beside each other. i couldn't sleep so i decided to go over to Nayoung's room.

i knocked on the door and said , "Nayoung? unnie here. are you asleep?" after a few seconds , the door opened revealing Nayoung in her sleeping outfit.

"wae? what's the problem unnie? can't sleep?" i nodded at her question. "same here. come in." she said as she make way for me to come in.

we sat on her bed and started chatting about how we both wanted to go back to our kingdom.

"that's not the only thing that's bothering me though." i said. Nayoung looked at me with a curious face.

"me and Jihoon. is another thing." Nayoung's eyes opened wider. "mwo? unnie and Jihoon? you mean prince Jihoon?"

"nae. we both like each other alot. but appa told me that i will be married with Daniel. no Jihoon." i said looking sadly.

"but didn't appa said as long as one of us like another , we'll get married? why this sudden arranged marriage." Nayoung asked and i shrugged my shoulders.

"Nayoung-ah , do you have feelings for Daniel?" i asked hoping that she does. "ani..i just find him nice."

i sighed. "wae?" "ani , if only you liked him , maybe we can change appa's decision." i said. "do you want me to talk to appa about this?"

"aniya , better not. appa will not like it. anyway this marriage is mostly arranged because of the tensions between the two kingdoms."

"unnie mianhae. appa must have chosen you because you're older." i looked at Nayoung. "i overheard appa's conversation with the king here just now. the king wanted to marry off his older son , which was Daniel. so i guess appa followed along."

"ahh , geurae? anyways , Jihoon and i have decided that we will show our feelings for each other to our parents. hopefully they'll change their mind."

Nayoung nodded and we chatted somemore about random stuff before i left the room.

the next morning...

"good morning ladies." the queen said as me and Nayoung entered the dining room. "good morning your highness."

"the king and the princes should be here soon so take a sit while waiting." me and Nayoung curtsy before sitting down.

soon enough , the king came down. "good morning your majesty." "good morning girls."

the two princes were still now down yet and the king was getting impatient. he called one of the servant and said , "get Jihoon to come down."

the servant bowed and left. "Eunkwon , would you please follow that servant and get Daniel up? his room is just next to Jihoon's."

"nae." i got up and quickly followed the servant before i lose her. i was actually not happy that i had to wake Daniel up and not Jihoon.

when the servant opened the door to Jihoon's room , i was already standing outside Daniel's room.

i took a deep breath before entering the room. Daniel was sound asleep. every step i took closer to him , my heart was beating faster.

i was now next to his bed. i gathered up all courage and called out "Prince Daniel , it's morning."

he rolled over to the other side of the bed and groaned covering himself with his blanket. "aish this guy." i mumbled to myself.

i crawled up the bed and sat beside him. "Prince Daniel , this won't do. hurry up your dad is waiting—ahh!"

he pulled me into his arms and mumbled , "just awhile. stay like this Eunkwon." i was shocked. he knew i'm Eunkwon. but why is he acting like this?

"Prince Daniel , can you let go of me?" i struggled to escape his arms but failed to. "stop moving. your hair is tickling my nose."

i stopped like he asked me to. i mean , it won't be nice to disobey the Prince right? and i'm afterall not a real Princess by blood.

"hyung! what are you doing?! let go of her!" i turned my head to see Jihoon in the room.

———————————————————————