Chapter One

Ember

With a gasp Ember woke up, startled and fully awake. She rubbed her neck hating that her throat felt sore from her unrealistic dream. She sighed. She had been having those dreams for months now, each one scaring her more and more.

Lost souls, wondering demons, forbidden urges. . .but the one she saw last night had to be the scariest. The one were a man had claimed her as his beloved. She wasn't. She couldn't be.

Her god would never mate her with a demon like him.

She saw his fangs. Sharp, pointy little things that could pierce her skin any second. She couldn't and wouldn't ever except him as a mate, because it wasn't true. He wasn't real.

Sighing again Ember stood up from her bed and ignored the mess of scattered clothes. She began her way to the bathroom, the torn and faded wallpaper entering her view in an instant. Turning the knob Ember waited for the water to get hot, while she waited she stripped from PJ's she was wearing and wrapped a fowl around her chest. When she water was a lukewarm temperature, she stepped inside and stripped the towel to.

Ember quickly washed up.

Her dark brown hair got soaked and turned the color of black, her creamy ivy skin glistened from the droplets of water as she ran a loofah over her skin filled with vanilla and chocolate body wash. It was a cheap body, only two dollars and fifty cents but that was everything to her. That two dollars would have lasted her two weeks if she had went to the warehouse but Ember believes in hygiene unlike the other rebels.

Stepping out of the shower Ember quickly dried off and put some lotion on, it was the same smell as the body wash. Next came the clothes and she slipped on simple black jeans and a random 1980s band t-shirt.

The door to her room opened and her fraternal twin sister came in. They almost looked alike with the same 5'4 height and petite frame, their hair was the same length and color but different shade. Her sisters hair was a lighter creamer brown while hers was a darker amber-ish black shade. They both had the same feature and face structure. Round heart shaped faces with plumb kissable lips, slightly sunken in cheeks that their naturally wavy hair frames next were the eyes, Ember had round doe brown and amber eyes that represented a whiskey color in the sunlight while Ambers eyes were a rich hazel with specks of green and orange closer to the pupils.

"Another dream?" Asked Amber, breaking Ember out of her thoughts. She nodded solemnly "maybe you should let Mama Neko go into your dreams to block the source? You'd be able to sleep better and won't be as tired during the days, no more nightmares" although that sounded good Ember couldn't help but feel saddened at the loss of her dreams. They made her scared but they made her feel complete, it was like she belonged.

"No, you know how I feel about Mama Neko going into my head. Scares the living daylights out of me" she lied with a light smile, Amber sighed but let it go nonetheless. She would love for her sister to go through with her plans but she wouldn't and never would unless the dreams get to much. She's always been that way, always wanted to deal with her problems by herself. It's been eleven years since she dreams started and they are only getting worse.

"Well we are going out and into town today, you should get your shoes on and meet up downstairs if you want to go" Amber straightened up and silently cheered when she found her bag of first aid supplies, money and some makeup. She headed to the door and caught a glimpse of Ember pulling on her tight brown boots. Ember stood up and headed over to Amber after grabbing her brown leather jacket, it wasn't anything expensive or fancy, they had gotten it for each other's birthday when they were thirteen on a supplies run.

Amber had one just like it but it was a deep apple red.

They headed out of their room and gazed down at the first floor from the railing just outside their room. The first floor held most of the 'rebellion' as they like to call themselves but they weren't really a rebellion. They didn't kill or cause trouble, they just weren't mated yet and they didn't want to be. Ember on the other hand would love to be mated, to have someone hold her and comfort her in her time of need.

She sighed. That's all she seemed to do because she was so quiet. She didn't bother talking, talking wasn't necessary and she only did what was necessary.

Slowly they pushed themselves away from the rusty railing and made their way down the warehouse stairs, the metal creaked under their weight but let them touch the concrete ground without problems nonetheless. Amber made her way through the crowd to her boyfriend and mate, Jackson. Jack for short. Although they both didn't want to find their mate, their are some whose mate is in the rebellion which they are fine with because the rebellion are trustworthy people.

Ember chuckled.

Trustworthy.

That word was bullshít.

It wasn't the truth.

It wasn't trustworthy.

Slowly Ember made her way through he crowd, silently and smoothly avoiding any and all people.

She made it to the group about to leave and made her way to Amber.

——————————————

Author's Note:

Just a little heads up, I don't do much Authors Notes so this and a couple others will be the only ones. They aren't really important and if they are then I will put 'Important Message' in front of them.

Anyways, all of my updates for this book will comes in two weeks time. That means during the course of two weeks I could post a chapter on whatever date I want. Some updates might come late, I am starting a new job and I don't know how long that will take.

Thank you all again for choosing 'Dreams' the Second book of When Night Comes, to read.

Oh and don't forget to Vote if you like, Comment if you want and Follow for more updates and books!!!! - or simply add this to your library or reading list so you won't miss any updates!

Again, next chapter will be up in two weeks time! Any questions, comments or concerns please PM me or write a comment. I'll answer as soon as I can.