Chapter Four

A book from my second account up top ^^^ I don't go on it much but I do like writing my thoughts on new books down for safe keeping!

Ember

Have you ever had an out of body experience?

Have you ever closed your eyes only to find yourself standing over your body?

Have you ever watched yourself sleep?

Ember has, many many times and tonight was one of those nights.

She went back to her room a little after ten pm and took a shower before getting dressed in her PJs. When she fell into bed as soon as her head hit the pillow her eyes started to blink rampantly before they settled and her spirit or whatever you want to call it, separated from her body. And she was looking at herself, sleep, breath and even let out small whimpers.

Ember frowned at herself, she looked so innocent and quiet, who would ever love her? Shaking her head Ember looked around. She wanted to go back into her body but she knew that she couldn't. When she had an out of body experience it meant she hadn't been able to let her energy out as much as it wanted to so it punishes her by keeping her up, even if her body is asleep.

She guessed that gave her time to look around, maybe snoop and see why people were acting weird around her. She immediately walked through the wooden doors and through he railing. She let herself float to the ground before she started moving again.

"Have you heard?" It was the first thing Ember heard through her sensitive hearing "yes, I can't believe it!" Another blonde exclaimed "why would anyone want her! Why can't they take me!" The brunette, the one who'd started talking first whined. "I heard he's been watching her for years" the blond hummed before growling "what a freak" and it was directed towards whoever they were talking about.

Embers eyebrows furrowed as she walked past them and to the right of the room were a bunch of doors sat, she walked through them until she got to another hall. Murmurs came from down the hall.

"He's coming tomorrow" she heard Amber say "but I thought he was suppose to come at the end of this week" said Allard replied "well he said he couldn't wait, he saw her outside today and couldn't control his urges. Almost fucked her right there!" Jack's voice was heard.

"But we had a plan!" Growled another guy "we were going to take her out, get her what she wanted then come home and tell her! We had a fucking plan!" A chorus of sighs echoed the room. Ember's frown deepened, why were they having a meeting without her. She was apart of this, her parents were the same as Ambers!

With that thought in mind Ember stepped through the wall and into the room. A cold gush of air chilled her nonexistent bones, she looked up and stilled.

A ghostly blue figure that radiated power stood on the other side of the room, it was clear he indeed was a man even if his features were blurred. He looked up and at Ember. Ember backed away when he took a step closer, successfully walking through Nixon the eldest one in the group at the age of 45.

"Wh-what? W-h-who a-a-are.....?" Ember didn't get much out, it felt like the room was closing in on her when his lips turned into a sadistic smile showing off his fangs. Just as the man reached her Ember felt the air being sucked out of her as the room became a blur. She gasped awake now in her own body.

—————————

It was midnight and Ember couldn't shake the chills that recked her body. Amber had called an emergency meeting without her and was talking about someone but who? She honestly thought it was her, that would explain why they hadn't called her to the meeting and why the whispers kept getting louder. But it wouldn't explain who was watching her, she knew someone was and if Amber and the council were talking about her then that meant someone indeed was spying.

She ran a hand through her messy hair. Amber hasn't come back yet and she honestly didn't want her to. Ember turned around and grabbed the brown sack from up under her pillow where the fairy berries lay. She opened it and took out two before popping them in her mouth. She almost moaned at the taste.

They were so sweet and it felt like the juices were multiplying in her mouth as if she had drunk a large gulp of grape juice. One of her favorite drinks.

Closing the bag Ember put it back up under her pillow and laid down, she tucked her hand under it and stared off into the distance. She felt warmer now but maybe it was because of the moon light shining in, though she didn't know it was because her eyes were shining a bright vibrant neon green, reminding her of cat eyes in the night.

——————————

Author's Note:

Vote if you like, Comment if you want and Follow for more updates and books!!!