m&m

"hey jungkook

"hey jungkook." jennie chimed, slipping into the booth of the ice cream shop, with the ice cream special of the month: m&m.

"hi, what're you doing here?"

"i come here everyday."

"right! i forgot."

"can we talk?"

"yeah sure." he squeaked immediately, causing a small smile to flicker across her face.

"i like you jungkook. i really do. but i think we should stay friends."

"i was thinking the same thing. i-i think i like someone else."

"what? who? aside from the fact we haven't completely broken up, as your friend you need to tell me."

"wait can we sort out this whole business between us?"

"fine. we should just be friends."

"okay."

"okay." and it was settled like that. jennie smiled, jungkook returned it. both felt suddenly free, and happy.

"sorry, it's really not you jennie. it's..."

"lisa?" jennie asked, a now happy grin on her face.

"wait, how did you know?"

"don't think i missed those little glances at each other whenever you came to pick me up from my room."

"well i—uh..."

"when did this start?" jennie was excited now.

"um, it was at the diner. i went down there with a few friends, she was working that day and um..." he trailed off, somewhat embarrassed. to jennie, it was just cute.

"well im a liskook supporter. go get her jungkook. i'll be rooting for you from the sidelines."

"ah thank you for being so cool about this really. i thought I'd be a bad boyfriend and all—"

"oh hush jungkook. we hardly acted like a couple anyways. what we had was a small infatuation, nothing else."

he smiled, with his smile and his eyes. jennie laughed.

"lisa should be working there right now. go get her!"

he enveloped jennie into a quick hug, and before dashing out of the shop. jennie watched, before laughing loudly.

of course the people in the room gave her strange looks, did she care?

no, she really did not.