brownie sundae

jennie was breathless

jennie was breathless. she has practically dashed out of her dorm room, ignoring this confused looks from each of her roommates.

her palms were sweaty, breathing uneven not because she had just dashed down here. she was nervous beyond hell.

jennie shut her car door, rubbing hands against the fabric of her jeans. hopefully jungkook was right, and that taehyung would still be here.

there was hardly anyone in the shop, it was around closing time. she looked down at the floor awkwardly, shuffling inside the shop. she had never been this nervous walking inside of here before, she only had memories of being happy or excited.

it was ice cream.

ice cream was how she met taehyung. which was why she needed to do this here. where it all began.

"hi, welcome to jennie's, we're about to close but i can—jennie."

jennie looked up, halting in her tracks. damn. he was even more handsome in real life, oh gosh, this was making it harder for her!

she couldn't believe she was seeing taehyung in real life. she thought she never would've seen the day. gosh, why did jungkook have such good-looking friends!

"t-taehyung, can i talk to you?"

he was tall, probably a few inches taller than her. it made a difference. he had straight brown hair, combed neatly like how he looked in his pictures. and his eyes.

jennie could get lost in those eyes. they looked so sweet and friendly—

"what is it?" he asked, both now outside jennie's, at the exit. he smelt like vanilla, probably from the mesh of all ice cream flavors in the shop. it was a sweet smell, jennie liked it.

"i can't believe i'm meeting you—wow you're more handsome than i thought." her eyes were wide, voice nervous and squeaky. she saw a smile crack across taehyung's lips, maybe she was doing something right.

"now you know how i felt when i saw you for the first time."

what? what?! did he just admit that she was pretty? jennie felt her ears burning.

"i might be able to text, but i am no good with words face to face, i just—urgh, this is so awkward and you're so cute and i just really feel like kissing you right now."

"your rambling is the cutest thing i've ever heard."

"wait what?"

"i think that means i like you too jennie. i think i always did, ever since you stopped texting me when we got into that argument so many months ago."

"which one? there were so many."

"shut up." he whispered, arms wrapping around her, bringing her head to his chest.

now, this. this felt right, it was so much more different than how she had felt with yoongi.

this felt so weird, so bizarre, but so amazing. she knew she could never get used to this.

"w-what about joohyun?"

"screw her." he whispered. "she can't take away my happiness."

"which is...?"

"you, miss kim. you make me happy."

"that's so cheesy."

"ah, but you still like it, don't you?"

"yes. yes i do." jennie smiled at him, before leaving a soft kiss on his lips.

"are you my girlfriend now then?"

"i-i guess so."

"you sound oddly unsure."

"stop!" she whined, poking his arm. "this just feels so unreal. i never thought this would happen."

"and none of this would've happened if i hadn't left my number on that ice cream cup?"

"yes, taehyung. it was all because of your stupid bored self who had nothing better to do."

jennie smiled again.

ice cream was sweet. that's all there was to do, sweetness. but it came with a price, especially when one were to spill it on themselves. then they were left with a sticky mess that was hard to clean up.

much like her relationship with taehyung. it had been sweet, but with lots of stickiness and spills, but in the end, it worked out for the better.

the end.