Three

Aaaaaand here goes chap three :)

Mina's POV :

     I went to sleep early that day. I mean, I went and laid in my bed for hours since the image of Chaeyoung's anorexic body wouldn't leave me alone. How did we not realise before?? How could I have been so blind?? All those moments when she said she had already eaten, to that she was not hungry... we should have noticed them. I should have noticed them. Guilt wouldn't leave me alone. I changed the side of my pillow for what seemed to be the millionth time and decided that I had to do something. Next morning I'll just cook some more pancakes for her, she will get better. I promise.

No one's POV :

    The next morning, Mina woke up just like the day before, and put all of her effort in order to make the greatest pancakes that ever existed. Never in her life had she been more proud of something she had done, they were beautiful. Perfectly cooked, with strawberries that she had taken the time to cut in order to make it look like they were blooming roses. She sad down, patiently waiting for the clock to hit 6:45.

____________    

     Tzuyu and Dahyun had left the house for three days in order to go to see their respective families, so Chaeyoung was all alone in her bedroom. She was well aware that she could just move into the big bedroom with Jihyo unnie and the others, but she decided that it wasn't worth it, three days alone wouldn't be that much. Not like it changed a lot from the other days.

     As she woke up, she remembered what had happened the day before. What was actually worry on Mina and Jihyo's faces was interpreted as disgust by Chaeyoung. Her friends thought she was disgusting. But it's okay, Chaeyoung thought the same. She was just and ugly disgusting and rude mess in her opinion. A depressed mess that was hopeless. She had stopped looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, and instead started digging even deeper.

     Today she decided she wouldn't go for a run. She went to run everyday, because she saw on the internet that running helped clear your mind, go away from your problems. But it didn't work for her, she was too weak to run that much. Don't get Chaeyoung wrong, she wasn't one of those girls who would always want to become skinnier and skinnier. No, Chaeyoung was just so sad and depressed, so hopeless and broken that she just couldn't find the effort in eating.

     A month and something ago, Chaeyoung had been diagnosed with depression. She had kept this secret from everyone, including the fans and even her own friends. But gradually, even the easiest tasks like going out of her room seemed impossible. She could see that the other members worried a lot, and she was sorry for that, she really was, but if she told them her mental health status, she's also have to tell them about everything else, and she just couldn't. Not now.

    Only Jihyo new, and Chaeyoung had made her promise not to tell anything to anyone, something that the older had respected. She had grown very nurturing though, and after their talk, Chae felt a lot better, that's true. But that didn't change the fact and the circumstances. The two had grown a lot closer ever since, which was Chaeyoung's only light in the dark whole that she had been staying for what seemed like and eternity.

_________

     6:55

     Where was she? Mina started to feel sad... all of her efforts... for nothing?

     Wait. What if Chaeyoung hadn't left her room? Mina took the plate and went to knock on the younger girl's door.

    "Come in" a faint voice said.

     Chaeyoung was laying on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. As soon as she saw Mina, her whole body tensed up. Mina noticed it, but tried to ignore it.  She sat on the edge of the bed. Neither of them dared to say a word, which started to become quite awkward after a bit. 

     "Hey, you know, we don't have to talk about yesterday if you don't want to, really, I'm sorry for my reac—

     "It's okay, really" the younger girl cut her off. She smiled sadly, with a guilty  expression all over her face.

    "I made you a pancake again" Mina said very excited to show her artwork. Seeing her so excited made Chaeyoung smile, she loved Mina's gummy  smile, she always had. She remember the first time they saw each other, back to when they were trainees. Chaeyoung was passing by a dance room when she saw her.

     A beautiful and elegant black swan. Mina noticed her and stopped dancing, she went over to her, and I traduced herself "Myoui Mina" the girl had told Chaeyoung. Myoui Mina... Chaeyoug remembered how she thought it was a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. She thought Mina was very intimidating, tall and confident, beautiful and strong. The younger girl was stuttering so hard and embarrassing herself to a whole new level. She remembered how Mina laughed and said that she was so cute and made her think of a baby tiger. And she saw that gummy smile, that gummy smile that made Mina appear like the most inoffensive person in the world, and all of the intimidation disappeared in an instant.

     "Thanks Mina, it's very sweet of you but I'm not really hungry, really..." she said. But seeing Mina's happy face instantly turn into a disappointed, sad face was just too much for Chaeyoung to handle. So she took the rose shaped strawberry, and with her trembling hands, and took one petal. One.single.petal. And ate it. Now it might seem small, but it was more than Mina thought she would get after yesterday's event, and this small act from Chaeyoung filled her with hope.

    Mina could see that the younger girl felt lonely, but she could also see that chad young would never ask for help herself, or for comfort. She wasn't the type of person to tell all of her problems to someone or ask for hugs, even though she desperately needed it. So Mina asked something that the girl would not refuse, even if it was out of politeness.

     "Hey Chae"

     "Y-yes?"

     "Can I have hug?" Mina asked. She saw the other girl's body tense up like crazy, but she slowly nodded.

     And they hugged. God did it make Chaeyoung feel good. It made her feel home, feel safe, she hadn't had a hug for months. The smell of Mina's coconut shampoo was intoxicating her, but she loved it, maybe a little bit too much. Realisation of what was happening suddenly hit Chaeyoung, and she immediately pulled apart. Awkwardness filled the room again.

     "Uhm... I'm gonna sleep some more if you don't mind..." she said. Mina nodded, a gentle expression on her face, and quietly excited the room, leaving the pancakes on The nightstand. So Chaeyoung did one thing for the older girl, one thing that she new Mina would appreciate when she would see it.

     She took one bite out of the pancake before finally going back to sleep.

~~

Soooo what did you guys think? Sorry if the chaps are quite short but it takes me a lot of time to write them down, english is my fourth language 😅😅
What do you think caused Our baby tiger to feel like that?

Let me know in the comments :)

~~Pingu