chapter 2: bitters

As I recall from what happened the next day, it went something like this..

**

I barely slept. Wait, I actually didn't sleep. I had a vague recognition of getting home then made some half ass coffee before sitting on my rooftop gazing towards the sky until the sun had come out to remind me that I spent the night thinking about the same thing over and over again. I consolidated my thoughts into two topics. One: you had one rule moonbyul, don't do anything with your straight best friend, you know what that'll do to you. I mean, look at yourself now. Two: I have never had such a hot moment with any one of my exes, what does that mean? Was it only erotic because yongsun is straight and turning straight girls gay is every lesbian's dream?

My mind would get lost at the replay of the kiss only to have it shattered by the thoughts of confronting sober yongsun soon enough.

As morning came quicker than I expected, a call startled me. My phone was faced down against the ground as my heart pounced, was it that time already? I'm not ready. I don't want to confront it just yet. Gulping down my nerves, I picked up my phone only to see jung wheein's caller id. Thank god.

"Jung whee, why are you calling me this early in the morning?" I held my mug and pushed myself up from the floor of the rooftop and made my way down to my apartment.

"Just to see if you are awake. We have that event at that university today and I called yongsun unnie and she hasn't picked up yet. Are you with her?"

My head leaned over to press the phone against my shoulder as I washed my coffee mug, "how would I know? Why would I be with her?"

"You didn't go to her place last night? I thought you guys drank more at her place. You are ALWAYS at her place, please." I can hear her sass even over the phone. "Just go check on her and get her will you? Okay bye-"

"What-" Before I can yell at her, she had hung up the phone already. I rolled my eyes and cursed at the phone. This kid is always making me do things that she doesn't want to do.

So, she is still not awake yet? I thought to myself before walking over to my bathroom. I contemplated whether or not I should send her a text or not. I pondered and paced around my room, biting my fingernails before finally decided to send her something. 'hey, you up?'

Pressing that send button is probably one of the most difficult thing I had to do in a while. My heart pounced as I thought to distract myself and the best I could think of to take a shower.

After a thoughtful shower, I checked my phone. Nothing. Perhaps she drank that much and her alarm didn't go off. I got dressed before heading over to her place. I opened the door to her apartment as I didn't have a chance to lock it when I was leaving last night. My eyes automatically glanced over to the living room where we shared a passionate make out. Just looking at the floor I can remember the position that we were both in. The more I thought about it, the more my body reacted to it. Stop. I had to mentally scold myself before heading inside of her room. There she was, sleeping like an angel. An angel that snores.

I chuckled to myself before walking over to her and then shook her by her shoulder gently. "Hey, leader-nim. Wake up.." I said with my charming low voice, watching her reacting to my conspicuous force.

"Mmm, no."

"We have an event soon. You are the leader but you are already late. Come on, get up." I pulled her up by her arms and made her sit there on her bed. Her hair covered her face while she whined. "Ow.. my head." She looks up at me with her pouty and lightly bloated face, why am I smiling like an idiot? I shook the doubting thoughts off of my mind before asking a bold question, "so. Do you remember anything from last night?"