chapter 19: family

"Promise me that you will tell us what's going on." I'm stuffing some of my stuff into a small bag as wheein and hyejin came by to make sure I was okay. "I want you to bring unnie back, I don't care if you need to kidnap her or drug her. I also don't know why you won't let me and hyejin come along. More people equal to more power."

My bag was zipped as hyejin placed her hand on wheein, "I don't think it is our place to do that. We can give byulie unnie our strength and mental support, cheer her on from the sidelines." Hyejin smiled at me as I walked over to my two members, hugging them tightly. "Don't you worry. I will bring her back."

Since the dispatch expose article, I have had thousands of eyes on me. To prevent another PR nightmare, my CEO asked my manager to drive me to Yongsun's house instead of doing it myself.

"Hey byulie." I stood outside of the car with my bag on, looking into the van to stare at my manager. "Good luck." With all my member, manager and friends cheering me on, I was more confident as I ever was. Strange, was this how Yongsun felt when she came and chased me to my hometown?

I rang the doorbell to Yongsun's house – a place I actually have never been, only seen from pictures. I have heard many stories from her about her family, their belief, their religion, but never thought this would be involving into my life. Oh well, it's worth it, she's worth it. The door opened, but it wasn't the person I anticipated. It was an older man, the father figure.

"Hello." I greeted, showing my respect as I bowed to this man, "my name is moon byulyi."

"Nice to meet you, moonbyul. We have heard a lot about you. Come in." He welcomed me in. My eyes instantly scanned my surrounding, unable to find the person I've been looking for. The house itself was big, but it lacked emotion, everything seemed so prepared and fake.

"Excuse me, but where is yongsun? She asked me to come."

"Before that happens, I would like to speak to you." The father said as he took me to the living room where we sat next to each other. "I am aware that you and my daughter have become... an intimate item? It has been all over the news."

I guess we are getting straight to the point. "Yes. I love her, very much. The relationship is not just about physical intimacy but rather emotional. Yongsun is the only one who could complete me." My answer was truthful and I was watching how Mr. Kim was going to react.

"I'm sure yongsun has told you a little about us. We live in a life under god's protection. We obey the lord in exchange for lifetime content and fulfillment. Yet, I raised a sinner. One committed the sin of homosexuality while the other one looked the other way." His words meant nothing to me, rather than understanding him, I got upset and challenged him.

"I'm sorry to say this sir, but I did not come here to defy your religion nor to listen to you preach it to me. I am here to see yongsun and that's it." My hands grasped onto my shorts, holding my tongue before I say something I regret. Immediately after, I felt a large imprint landing on my face. It was forceful, making my teeth cut my lower lip, causing blood to drip. Tears instantly filled my eyes as I stared at him with hatred.

"Stupid lesbian sinner. Don't you see that I am trying to explain and help you?" His voice echoed throughout the whole house as he grew heated. Yet, I wasn't scared. Instead, I wiped my tears and blood in a laugher. "You are truly sad. You preach the words of god yet the first thing you result to is violence. The god you speak of is not a god, but a mere bend at your own reality. Most likely adopted from your parents and the generations before. Your mind is so frail that you have to use this religion of yours to justify yourself. You, sir, are the weak one." I said with confidence, almost egging him on even more. "Open your fucking eyes, this is the real world."