chapter 17: beginning

11 months later (pre-red moon era)

- yongsun's pov -

I can't believe me and byul have been dating for almost a year. Since next week mark our anniversary, I want do something special for her.

I stayed in our room, wearing my long fiery hair up in a ponytail and one of byul's loose shirt over my body as I tried to brainstorm something for my girlfriend. Hmm.. What will byul like? She doesn't need anything nor the type to want anything. I know she want to spend time with me, but let's actually try and get her something physical.

What do I give a girl who has everything?

A sigh left my lips as I stared at the ceiling, a hand extends to cover some of my sight but then I realized something. "The bracelet." I thought, eyeing the very thing that byul got me while we were on our first trip, the one she replaced for me after eric broke it. She gave me something to think of her, I should get her something to always remind her of me. What does she like? Rings. Her favorite type of accessory.

I jumped up from the bed and put on some pants before walking out of the apartment. As I jumped into a cab to a jeweler I know, I got a call from my cutie.

"Hey, hon." I answered in a sweet voice, causing the taxi driver to look back by the rear end mirror.

"I just got home and you can't be found. I'm sad." The younger girl said in a playful and begging tone, "come back already so I can see my baby." All these days of living together is really making her clingy and attached to me. It is adorable.

Her words never failed to make me smile or laugh, "I will in about 30 minutes to an hour. Can you make dinner tonight? Try not to burn the house down okay?" After picking out what we wanted to eat for the night, I hung up the phone.

As I arrived at the jeweler, I told her what I was looking for, a subtle silver sun related ring since I know byulie rarely wear gold. It took her a few minutes before finding something for me in the back. While I was looking at my options, I got a phone call from my older sister.

"Hey yongsun, haven't heard from you in a while. You alright?" She asked.

"Of course I am, why? What's up unnie."

"Oh nothing, I'm around the area and was wondering if you want to grab dinner? Also... Can I spend the night at your place today?" I placed the ring down and then started to panic. I haven't had 'my place' in 11 months since I've been living at byul's. What am I going to say? If I say no, she's going to ask me why. If I say yes... how could I even say yes?!

I became discombobulated for a second before responding with the cleverest answer I had, "sure. But I forgot to tell you, I'm doing some renovation at my place so I've been living at byul's. Do you want to stay with me and her?"

"Could I? Would that be too much of bother for byul-sshi? If not, can you ask her for me?" Since she isn't backing down, I assume it might be urgent.

"Of course. I'll let her know. When are you coming around?"

She paused for a second, "I'll be in Seoul in two hours. Could you give me the address?"

I sent her what she was looking for before calling byul again. Knowing her, it wasn't a shock to me that she didn't mind or care. Hell, I think I cared more than she did. I placed my phone in my pocket before looking at the rings again. One particular simple band with engraved sun within it caught my eyes. It is adorable and it quite match my bracelet. "I'll take this one!"

Once I was home – the box with the ring was hidden safely in my bag – I caught the younger girl in the kitchen, cooking as we talked about previously.