chapter 23: what happened in japan...

- moonbyul's pov -

Beppu was a beautiful place in japan known for its hot springs, naturally I had booked a home near them. After we arrived and checked in, I dragged our things inside as I watched yongsun flop herself on to the couch. She was tired, but it wasn't even night time yet. I placed our things in our room before flopping on top of the girl. "Don't fall asleep now. I'm hungry. Let's go eat." My lips instantly attached her visible cheeks before she buried it within her arms. I shift away from the woman before smacking her perky ass. "Come on yongsun-sshi. Let's go."

She got up at a snail speed. When she finally stood up to match my height, the girl clung onto my neck before letting her legs go out. "Carry me." I wasn't prepared for all her weight as I almost let my fiancé fall. Quickly, I grasped upon her hips before walking towards the door. "Yong. You are being very clingy today. We've only been away for less than a week. What's going to happen when are separate for months at a time?"

"Then I'll just go visit you."

"Sounds good to me." I chuckled. Once we were in public, the older girl behaved herself and jumped off of my arms. We linked hands as I guide her towards the main road towards the Jigokumushi Kobo. "Where are we going?" She asked me, hugged my arm as she gazed upon the surrounding. As the sunsets, the lights started to decorate the buildings. "You know how Beppu is known for their hot springs right? So I read this place harvest all the steam and we can bring our own food and cook it under the natural hot steam. Pretty cool right?" I pointed towards a market near the entrance, "let's get some food. What do you feel like?"

The small grocery store welcomed us with an artificial breeze. We wondered around before grabbing our basket, picking some meats, vegetable, mushroom and such. When I peeked over, the girl didn't look too pleased. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's awesome but..."

I smiled, already know what she's thinking. "Don't worry, I got that thing in my bag." She laughed before smacking my shoulder gently. Once we have all we wanted, we proceed to walk over to the cooking station. Within, there were many blocks with lids. Unknowingly, I grabbed a lid before opening it only to see someone's food was already in there. I quickly put it back before checking if anyone had spotted me. Yongsun laughed, pointing at a vacant one nearby.

The leader placed gloves on and then slowly lowered the food down to the steam hole. I had the easiest job – closing the lid. As we waited for our food to steam, my arms snaked around the blonde woman's and mumbled. "So what you have been doing without me? Better not be going on another dating program. We all know how that one turned out." I teased, finger playing with the hem of her tank top. My words received an eye roll from the leader herself, "why would I? Plus, why would anyone want me on a dating program when our relationship is already publically announced?" My nose nuzzles across her cheekbone as I planted a kiss on dimple. "I just want to keep you in check that's all."

Ten minutes gone by and our food was done. It was delicious – paired with the canned kimchi that I brought of course. We took a brief walk around the peaceful country side before returning to our home away from home.

Now the next morning, I had gotten up rather early to put my plan into action. The hardest part was to escape her tight hold in the morning. Once I escaped, I slipped a pillow in between her arms to replace my absence. I left my home in my backpack as I took a cab towards Mount Yufu not far away from where we are staying at. Once arrived, I picked a back trail to hike up towards a plateau. I stood there, looking around the pulchritudinous environ I knew this is the spot.

- yongsun's pov -

Unlike Seoul, what woke me up wasn't the honking of horns but rather the beam of sunshine and chirping of birds. My arms instantly pulled byul closer until I felt how squishy 'byul' was. I opened my eyes, noticing my star was nowhere to be found. "Byul?" I called out but only to be greeted by echoes. I stepped out of the room and looked around the house, where could she possibly be? I grabbed my phone and called her number.