(6) Sweat In Wet

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 6::

SWEAT IN WET

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

"Don't overwork yourself."

Namjoon reminded sternly as he threw the basketball to a sweaty Yoongi, whose eyes flared up with something similar to rage. Yoongi didn't reply, instead, he caught the ball swiftly and made another three-point shot. The ball made a ringing sound from its friction with the rim and the backboard, sharp thuds echoing through the concrete floor of the open court from its bouncing.

Yoongi wiped the sweat from his upper-lip with the back of his hand. He then made a running jump towards the hoop ring, making an imaginary dunk as he held on to the unsteady rim then falling back down onto the floor on his feet.

Namjoon let out a frustrated breath through his nose, throwing his head back in exasperation for his best friend's stubbornness.

"Can't you let it go?" Namjoon asked, approaching Yoongi who got his ball from the floor. "No." The older replied simply as he dribbled the ball a few times before performing a lay-up shoot.

Yoongi took in deep but quick breaths as the ball fell to the floor once more, he had his hands by his waist, eyeing his long-time best friend. "That girl gets on my nerves." He said in a low voice.

Yoongi threw the basketball roughly towards the ring, the ball hitting the backboard harshly, "Even more so than usual."

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

He was a few steps ahead of me.

I noticed that he was alone, earphones on yet again. I wonder if he was even listening to anything? That seemed to intrigue me, how he never seemed to fit into his little group. Sure, he was as good as a troublemaking delinquent, but he seemed calmer than the others.

In the certain part of town that contained the fairly unsupervised neighborhood where my school was in, the way there was always crowded. It was like we were in the busiest place in Seoul, even if that wasn't the case.

Kim Seokjin looked to be just another walking body amongst the hundreds of others; other students, other businessmen, other housewives, other social workers.

His school bag was draped lazily on his right shoulder, even if I believed that wearing it fully on his wide shoulders would've been more comfortable. But I wasn't one to judge. After all, our only conversation was from a few days ago, that was also the first time we both acknowledged each other's existence officially.

He had his black blazer on. Which was weird seeing, since most of his friends didn't have a blazer, some didn't even have a tie. His dark brown hair was swept up to the side as usual, hair gel causing his sporting look. From his back view, I saw his small hoop earrings, accompanied by the few helix piercings he had on his left ear.

It was unusual for me. He was so steady and serene among the crowd that was growing lesser in number as we approached nearer to the school. He gave a different vibe.