(35) By My Side

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 35::

BY MY SIDE

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Hoseok watched Y/N intently from the rooftop.

As Hoseok looked around at the empty, seemingly vague rooftop, it still held something dear to his heart.

This was where Hoseok and her actually talked and had an actual conversation for the first time.

He still remembers how back then he told her that she would have a big effect on the lives of his friends. And it was true, if only she was aware of how she changed the lives of those six boys. How she made their hearts grow fond and susceptible to the feeling of love.

Hoseok silently scoffed to himself with a wry smile.

Little did he know, even he himself became affected by Yoo Y/N.

She was sitting down on her usual spot in the rooftop. Back then, when she was still new to the school a couple of months ago and hadn't made any friends, she always sat there, eating alone.

Hoseok would never tell anyone this, but back then he saw her. All those months back. He saw her eating quietly alone and he was intrigued.

He knew her even before him and his friends labeled her a target.

But he won't ever tell anyone that.

Even her.

Because that was his own secret he wanted to keep.

He wanted to keep the fact that she had already piqued his interest way before the others had.

Because he knew he was just a bystander.

But then Hoseok remembered that Jungkook knew Y/N ever since the start of the school year, on the first day of school.

Hoseok sighed, looking down.

Even his only hidden connection with Y/N was meaningless.

Y/N invited Hoseok to eat with her again during break, saying that she had something he'd like.

Why?

Hoseok wondered why she would invite him.

He shut his eyes closed, appearing in Y/N's sight as he changed his expression as quickly as a cat. His small grin was back as he made his way towards her.

She smiled widely, "Hoseok! Over here!"

Hoseok wanted to stop. He wanted to run to her and say something to her with a burning gaze.

Stop making me want to have you.

So, Hoseok looked up at the sky and breathed.

But that's not possible, is it?

Y/N confusedly looked up at Hoseok who was not sitting down in front of her. Instead, he had his head up as he stood, hands balled inside his pockets.