(23) Friendship Flowers

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 23::

FRIENDSHIP FLOWERS

•ღ•

-HOSEOK'S POV-

It was a fair, sunny Saturday.

Taehyung was driving my car. He was so focused, but the big smile on his face never faltered.

I remained silent.

I craned my neck to look at the backseat, where a bouquet of flowers rested. It was an assortment of flowers, flowers I didn't know the names of. I bet neither did Taehyung.

I slumped back in my seat and pursed my lips in thought as I looked out the window, the trees and the area looked familiar.

"This is the way to Jin-hyung's." I stated more than I questioned, Taehyung's smile only widened, "I know, but we're not visiting hyung."

"Who then?" I furrowed my eyebrows instinctively, my best friend then chuckled.

"Y/N."

My eyes widened for a split second.

Ah.

"Why the flowers at the back?" I asked. Taehyung's smile fell a fraction, and I realized...

"Why the flowers? Well, she's sick, silly!" Taehyung laughed.

That's not it.

"Yeah, I know that, Taehyung... but why did you feel the need to bring flowers?"

Taehyung's smile fell completely this time, and his eyebrows creased, like he was suddenly thinking.

Then I knew...

Taehyung abruptly started laughing, "Yah, Hobi-hyung, what a question! They're just friendship flowers."

Friendship flowers...

I didn't say anything in return. No words were needed to be said, he didn't realize, and I only knew.

Maybe it's better this way.

The car then slowly rolled to a stop. I looked out my window once more and saw a simple house, Taehyung called out, "We're here!"

Just for now.

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

At the back of my head, I swore I heard the distinct ringing of a doorbell.

The headphones playing subtle music in my ears were removed by my hands and were placed meticulously on my bedsheets. I heard it clearly this time, it was indeed the doorbell.

I got up, wearing my house slippers on my way out of my room. As I reached the door, I unconsciously pushed my hair back a bit. Swinging it open, my eyes widened as my sight was greeted by a smiling boy and a serious boy, total opposites.