(38) I Love You

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 38::

I LOVE YOU

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

They all still remembered how they met.

How they became friends, the best of friends, all those years back when they were barely middle school kids.

The looks on their faces when they all got locked inside a classroom to clean up a mess they never even caused were still vivid in each of their minds. But they cherished that memory, after all, they wouldn't be brothers right now if it weren't for that moment.

They also recalled how on one dull day, Yoongi decided that they should have some fun for once, a different type of fun.

It was then that they first made trouble, as a group. When they snuck out past curfew one night and trespassed their middle school grounds, vandalizing the wall at the side of an abandoned school building.

They still felt the rush until now.

They remembered when they first got caught, but the sly smirk continued to play on their faces as they were given disciplinary punishment. They all looked at each other with a sense of pride.

Then came the first time they were labeled notorious, when most of them entered high school already. Notorious and dangerous and wild.

They reveled in the attention, enjoying the recklessness they had.

But then, they met her.

Yoo Y/N.

The day both Jungkook and Y/N entered high school was a day Jungkook would never forget.

At the entrance ceremony, for him, as he was a freshman, and for her, as she was a new transferee.

Jungkook was immediately smitten at how she talked to him normally, without fear nor hate in her eyes. He knew by then that he would always remember her.

Then she became classmates with Namjoon, he who considered her a rival due to her intellect that closely matched his. He felt threatened, especially when she took it upon herself to do their pair project on her own.

Yoongi immediately stepped in, giving Namjoon an idea, "Let's mess with her," he said.

And so they did, mindlessly, before Jin intervened, stopping them and protecting her.

With this, Taehyung became intrigued, intrigued that his eldest hyung who never got in between the chaos, who only left whenever they were out to mess with girls, suddenly helped one.

Then Y/N spoke for the first time to Hoseok, providing him a new insight that piqued his interest, blatantly telling her that he knew she had the potential to affect his friends in the next couple of months.

And then there was Jimin, who only cared about getting into women's skirts and nothing else, but then she changed him, surprisingly, making him love the piano again.

From the change she embarked on one of them, she slowly but surely touched the hearts of the others too, especially Jeon Jungkook, whom she unknowingly grew fond of.