(25) The Fireworks Show

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 25::

THE FIREWORKS SHOW

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

"What the hell is taking them so long?" Yoongi exasperated, dropping the restaurant menu on the table with an undeniable tantrum. "Why are you concerned, hyung?" Hoseok nonchalantly countered, not even eyeing his hyung whom was beside him, uninterested eyes scanning the menu as his hand flipped to the next menu page.

The others started eyeing Yoongi with confusion as to why someone so apathetic to Yoo Y/N would care so much for her absence; however, as much as they didn't want to admit it to themselves, they did care about the fact that she was alone with Jungkook for more than thirty minutes already.

"I'm not fucking concerned, alright? I'm just pissed that I wasted my night hanging out here when I could be doing better shit, if only I knew a bunch of you would just prefer to run off with her." Yoongi was specifically burning his gaze to Namjoon, who continued to fiddle with his newly bought charm bracelet from underneath the dinner table.

Yet Seokjin was looking at Yoongi like he knew that Yoongi didn't completely mean what he said, like he was trying to hide something as much as everyone else was, "You don't mean that." Seokjin whispered to himself, not realizing that Taehyung, who was beside him, heard. Taehyung quietly breathed out and looked down, for he knew Seokjin's intention more than anyone, even when he was unaware of his own.

"The real question is why they're taking so long." Jimin said, loud enough for everyone to hear, yet soft enough for everyone to mishear.

The boys then had a silent understanding on their youngest best friend, a quiet assumption that was most likely a confirmation. Before anyone can say anything else in reply to Jimin though, Taehyung caught sight of Y/N entering the restaurant, alone.

"Oh! Y/N, over here!" Taehyung called out with an enormous smile, alerting all the other men to face their attention to the young lady. Jimin quickly noticed that Jungkook was nowhere in sight, "Jungkook?" He asked with a small quirk of his eyebrow.

Y/N gave a half-smile with a shrug, while Taehyung pat at the seat to his left, in between him and Jimin for Y/N to sit. As soon as she sat down, she greeted everyone and apologized for not coming any sooner. Jimin just continued to gaze at her.

Y/N then suddenly scooted her head down a bit to duck below Taehyung's menu, this certainly caught Taehyung off-guard, as he couldn't help the small blush creeping on his cheeks. She then innocently asked, "What do you think I should order?" Yet Taehyung couldn't reply because of his self-consciousness to the proximity.

He stammered, and Y/N looked up to tilt her head at Taehyung's lack of response; however, Jimin then quickly grabbed Y/N's hand that was resting on the table. This gesture alerted both Taehyung and Y/N, the latter tending her gaze to the man on her left, "Just have whatever I'm having." Jimin grinned a bit.

Taehyung's jaw dropped at Jimin's boldness to hold Y/N's hand when that was all he had to say. Diagonally in front of Y/N, where Namjoon sat, he murmured to himself, "You didn't need to hold her hand."

Before Y/N could so much as nod, as she was stuck in an awkward disposition between Jimin holding her hand and Taehyung's closeness, Seokjin suddenly interjected.