(30) Found What He Wanted

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 30::

FOUND WHAT HE WANTED

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

This was an important day to Jimin.

Maybe he himself would never admit it, moreover even say it aloud, yet the way his Adam's apple would occasionally gulp in tandem to his uneven breaths were more than enough.

The sheer fact that Park Jimin was nervous, dare I say worried about tonight's recital made my heart flutter in delight.

"Jimin," I whispered as I stood on my tiptoes, focused on fixing the creases on Jimin's bow tie, "Yeah?" His voice was raspy, even more so than usual.

I glanced to his clenched fists, I bit my lip solemnly, "Relax." I said, enveloping my hand above his clenched one comfortingly.

My eyes traveled to meet his, and once they did, so much unspoken truths were buried in his dark brown eyes, yearning to be unleashed.

Jimin looked down at my hand holding his, "About what happened in the parking lot with Taehyung—" I cut him off, shaking my head, "That doesn't matter now, today's about you."

His eyes then shone, glinting with something I didn't know of.

"Do you know why you're the only one I invited to this? Why I didn't invite the guys?" Jimin asked, I shook my head truthfully.

He nodded in understanding, "Want to understand why?" He asked, "I do."

Jimin then grabbed my free hand and placed it on his chest, right where his heart was, "Do you feel my heartbeat?"

Jimin eyed me seriously, I held the same, twinkling gaze as I nodded.

His heartbeat was thumping out of control, like the beat of a drum that was overflowing with passion and heat.

Jimin then said, "I don't know if it's beating like that because of the recital,"

He then placed his hand above mine which was on his chest, "Or because of you."

I didn't know how to reply, yet I knew my own heart was beating loudly. My head was bowed down as I stood there speechless, with my right hand holding his clenched fist, and my left hand on his chest, being held by Jimin's other hand.

Jimin then took his hand off mine which was on his chest, tilting my chin up to look at him.

He still had a solemn expression as he unclenched his fist and properly held my hand, his hand was undoubtedly very warm, "Thank you for coming to the recital, Y/N."

He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, "You look really beautiful tonight."

•ღ•

I sat down in my designated row with a lot on my mind. Everyone around me were people dressed fancily, chattering exotically in different languages.

I wondered if my interaction with Jimin from a while ago would effect his performance, especially with my lack of reply to what he told me, or rather, showed me.