Chapter 1- Growing Up Fast

*Alexander* 

I'm 10 years old. 

"Mom, do I have to go? What if the other kids don't like me?" 
"If they don't like you, then they're not worth being around. Now go on and have fun. I'll be back before ya know I'm gone(Come back to sleep.....sorry). I love you." 

And with those final words of encouragement, she left and I went out to search for friends. 
This should be fun. Right?

I saw some kids colouring, playing talking then I saw some that were writing. I liked to write, so I went over to introduce myself. 

"Hello, I'm Alexander, but you can call me Alex. I like to write, so I was wondering if I could join you guys." 

They looked at me with blank faces. 

"Um, sure.."
"Nice to meet you." 
"Mhm... so what do you write about?" 
"Stuff that's happening in my life. How about you?" 
"Feelings, emotion and like you said, stuff that happens in my life." I just nod, focused on writing. 

*After School* 

"Bye!" I yell before I start walking home. 
"Bye !" He waves at me. I made a new friend!

*2 Years later* 

"Mom, please please don't go, I need you!" 
"I know, shh, its gonna be okay. I want you to go on. Go to school get an education. Do the best you can, okay?" I nod. I don't want to show my mom how weak I was right now. 
"Good, now be smart, make me proud son." 
"I promise mom, I will miss yo-" The long horrible monotone string rings in my ears. Suddenly tears fall an I shake. 
"NO! NURSE SAVE MY MOM!" I yell collapsing on the ground. 
"Mom, please...I need you....I cant go without you." The doctors rush in and try for a little while before turning to me and sh

aking their heads.

"NO! I DONT WANT TO GO TO AN ORPHANAGE! MOM PLEASE I NEED YOU! i miss  you." I start to break down unable to have the strength to talk. I walk up to my lifeless mother. I give her one final hug. 

"I love you," I whisper out when I feel arms wrap around me. 
"Come on, let's take you to an orphanage." 
"No, please no." I quiver out. 
"It's okay, hey look, my name is Tara. I will take care of you. You'll be okay." I slowly nod an follow her out the door silently sobbing. 
"Goodbye, Mom," I say as we leave the room. 

*2 years later* 

"ALEX HIDE GET SOMEWHERE SAFE!" I hear Tara shout out. I do as I'm told and get to higher ground. I hear screams and yelling and the sound of people drowning and dying. I'm crying harder then I thought possible. The thunder crashes and the lightning strikes. I don't know what to do. I shout out for help but thunder drowns me out. The rains beat's hard on my back and my hair is clinging to my face. 

"TARA!" I want to know where she is. She is the reason I was able to be happy the past two years. 

I hear a faint "Alex" and I start to feel better in the flood and storm. 

"TARA! I"M ON THE ROOF!" 
"im coming!" Its faint but I hear it and I feel calm for just a second. The thunder rumbles and I get scared and slip. I start sliding. I can't stop. I smack against the water full of debris. I gasp for air but the waves pull me under. I get hit and jabbed with metal pipes and wood planks smashing around in the flooding water. I get knocked out from a metal pipe flung against my head from the wind. 

I couldn't seem to die. 

I wake up. Dry. Wrapped in a blanket. I stood up. 
"Wheres Tara?"  ask extremely concerned. 
"What, oh you're awake, Tara she is somewhere. Oh over there." He says pointing to a corner. I dash over there and find Tara treating some wound son other people. I rush up to her and wrap her in a hug. 

"Thank goodness your okay Tara!" 
"I could say the same for you, Alex!" 
"Are you okay?" 
"Yes, I''m fine." 
"Okay. I'm gonna go and try to find things to write with. " 
"Yeah okay. Be safe." 
I walk around for about 30 minutes before I finally find paper and pens. 

I write and write. Soon a crowd forms around me. I just write and write. 
"This kid is good. He is only 14." (I know not technically historically correct but let me be) 
"He should get a good education. " 
"Well, what do you suppose we do?" 

I hear a few more whispers. I'll write my way out. 

They pick me up and lead me to a ship. They hand in about 100 dollars and shove me on. It all happened so fast. I never got to say goodbye to Tara. 
"Hold on, I want to say goodbye!" They left.  I saw Tara running to me. Soon enough she jumped up to hug me. 
"I don't wanna leave you."I am almost on the verge of tears. 
"Don't worry. Write to me. I'll write back. Okay?" 
I nod. One last hug before she leaves back to the docs. She smiles and waves goodbye. I guess I'll start a new life in America. 

*1 year later* 

"Hello, Alexander. I'm Martha. Martha Washington." I nod and shake her hand. 
"Hi there." I smile and tilt my head a bit. She turns to who I assume is her Husband. 
"George Plleeeaaassseee!? He is so cute!" I giggle a bit which just makes her even more excited. 
"Sure, I like his writing style, and he seems like a good kid." I nod and reach my hand out for him to shake it. He does. 

"Alexander Hamilton. There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait." 
"HEY>>> WE WANNA ADOPT HIM!" George says talking to no one in particular. He looked as if he was already beaming with pride. 

I got adopted. I went home with Martha and George. I have my own room. With limitless paper and pens, a laptop and a phone. Wow, they really were spoiling me. But I will never take it for granted.  

 I started attending a high school too. Life seems amazing, but it is so dull. Black and white. My soulmate is somewhere. It wasn't until now when I learned I could talk to them. Well, write...

A/N AYYYYYYYYYYY! So I hope yall will enjoy this AU! I will try to update s much as I can, and I will try to keep getting chapters out to yall. Thank you for reading!