Chapter 9- Breaking apart

"I love you, Alex."
"I love you too Thomas."

That's how we fell asleep. Everything felt perfect.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

*Thomas* 

I woke up still by Alex. So this wasn't a dream. Thank goodness. I sit up and slowly get out trying to not wake Alex up. 

"Mmm, Tommyyyyyyyy, where are you goingggg! You were warm!" I laugh a little. 
"I'm gonna go visit someone. I'll be back in a little bit okay?" 
"Mmmm. I'm cold." I search around and find another blanket and place it on him. 
"Better?" 
"Mhm. Bye Tommy." He lazily sits up and kisses my cheek. He then flops back down where he was previously laying and falls back asleep. What a dork. 
"Love you too, Lex." I walk out and know exactly where I need to go. 

After a bit of driving, I finally get to my destination. I slowly walk to a door with gold letters and numbers on it. Thinking. Thinking of what to say. 

I knock. He answers. He opens the door and I charge in. I grab his shirt and hold him against the wall. 

"WHAT THE F*** MAN!? WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? LEX IS IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF YOU!" 

"Since when did you call him Lex!?" 
"Since we started dating! OH, and by the way, we're through!" He faces drops. I don't regret it.
"T-Thomas?" 
"You hurt him... I don't even know why you did that!" 
"Someone told me they saw you and Alex kiss. You cheated on me!" 
"NO, I DIDNT! You should have talked to me instead of just barging in my dorm and hurting Lex!" 
"Well, you kinda hurt me and barged into my dorm!" 
"I have a real reason! Ya know what!? whatever! I don't care! Bye Jemmy!" 

With that, I walked out. 

I drove back to the hospital. I walked slowly back to Lex's room. He is sitting there typing on his laptop. 

"Lex, you cant work when you just had your head cut opened and gushing blood-" 
"Okay, I don't need gory details. I know I shouldn't but I don't want to miss out on work." 

I quickly walk over to him and snatch his laptop and closed it. 
"HEY! DID YOU EVE-" 
"Yes, I saved it chill." 
"Ugh, I want to work, it takes my mind off of all of this crazy stuff with Madison." 
"Yeah, I took care of it don't worry." 
"Okay, I just hope you didn't do anything you'll regret." 
"Chill, okay. I didn't." 
"Okay, whatever I can go  you say." 
"So, when do you get out?" 
"Well, they said that go tomorrow afternoon but early morning if I get extra sleep and nothing hurts in the morning. " 
"That's great Lex! Well until then-" 
I leap on the bed next to him. He manages to scoot over just enough so I don't completely crush him. 

"Well then, that was a nice surprise!" He mumbles. 
"Hey! You knew it was coming and, you love that I'm here!" 
"Okay, so, maybe I do?!" 
"Mhm, come here." He snuggled closer to me. Everything was gonna be alright 

*Alex* 

Thomas left a little while ago, so I was left here to myself. I snated back my laptop and continued to work. 

"Uhm, Hey..." 

I don't bother to look up. I don't care who it is they can continue to talk but I gotta work. 

"Mhm." 
"well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I really didn't mean for this to happen." 
Now I know who it is. 
"well, it did happen to what are you gonna do?" 
"Um, Well, I'm just gonna go I'm no-" 
"What. Are. You. Gonna. Do. About. It." I say firmly now, looking at him in the eye. 
"I'm sorry okay? I already lost Thomas. " 
"Should've thought of that." I turn back to my work.? 
"I did! I tried the best I could to think about it but so many people were saying that Thomas kissed you! So I gave in and believed the hundreds of students who said that!" 
"There is such thing as talking to people!" Am I being hard? Yes. Am I being too hard on him? No. Definitely not. 

"I tried okay? Then I say you two talking... what was I supposed to think. Then when I and he were at the cafe holding hands. He immediately let go once you walked in." 
"H-He did?" 
"Yeah." 
"Go, Talk to Thomas. You deserve him." 
"R-Really? But he loves you." 
"I know." They just got in a relationship. I know Thomas loves Madison. I know that for a fact. Like I said they just got into a relationship, I didn't want to be the reason it ended. When it ends for a better reason than maybe. 
"I don't want to be the reason yall break up. Go." 
"Thank you, I'll be back." He dashes out the door. I slam my laptop close and just stare at the blank white ceiling. I lost Thomas. 

*James- oooo a new one!* 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But I didn't want to waste the chance. Thomas already said he didn't want anything to do with me but I could get him back if I had Hamilton on my side. (a *cough cough* It might be nice! It might be niiiice, to get Hamilton on your side) 

Southern-Mother-F*****- Democratic-Republicans!

JemmyJames- Where are you?
ThomasTheTrain-Why would I tell you?
JemmyJames- Because Hamilton told me to try and get you back, so here I am. He said that he deserves better than him, also that you love me.
ThomasTheTrain-HE WHAT? 
JemmyJames- Do you love me? 
ThomasTheTrain-......yes. 
JemmyJames- Where are you? 
ThomasTheTrain- At the park. 

YES! I dash over there as best I can. I see him on a bench looking up at the sky. I sit down next to him. I slide my hand over and hold his hand. 

"It's so dull." He mutters. 
"I know. I've been told that its blue." 
"What is?" 
"The sky. That's what I've been told." My mom used to tell me stories. 
"Mhm." 
It was quiet for a while before Thomas spoke up. 
"I do still love you." 
"Mhm, I love you too." 
"But, I love Alex too." 
"I know. He just got out of a relationship though, and he said you deserve better. He said he didn't want to be the reason we broke up." 
"Mphm." 
"So, ya wanna try again?" 
All I get in response is a nod. 

*Thomas* 

I do love them both. Alex doesn't want to be the reason we broke up. He would be happiest with me, but if it makes him happy to not be the reason then I'll do it. Do it for him, Jemmy, for me. 

We'll see how long this last. 

A/N SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY! I know I haven't updates but EOG's are coming up and I have to study, but I got a three day weekend this week so I'll update a lot I promise! I really gotta study so 

BBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!