{3} Play Time

Liam P.O.V

It was time for play time. Niall was bouncing in his cell, wanting to get out as fast as possible.

"Whoa, calm down there mate." I chuckled, unlocking his cell.

"I can't help it. It's too fucking boring sitting in this crappy cell all day." He whined. I laughed and hand cuffed him.

All where lined up, expect one.

"Payne," I looked over in the direction my name was called in, "come over here and see this." Officer Higgins said, motioning me to walk over to him.

I walked over. "Look at him. I opened his cell, expecting him to come running out, but... he hasn't moved. I walked over to him to get him up, but he didn't budge." Officer Higgins explained. Zayn was still in the same position he had been since he first came in.

"Bring the others to the court yard. I'll handle him." I said.

"You sure? I was warned he was deadly."

"Only with his sister, from what I read about him. I'll be fine."

Officer Higgins nodded and went over to the other prisoners.

"Hey, what up old hag!" I heard Louis's voice echo when Officer Higgins. I couldn't help but laugh.

I entered Zayn's cell. I slowly made my way over to him.

"Zayn?" I whispered, being very cautious. He didn't make an effort to move. I would guess he's a sleep, but I highly doubt it.

I walked closer to him and tapped on his shoulder. Zayn didn't budge. "C'mon Zayn. We have to go." I said, flipping him over onto his back.

Zayn looked exhausted and sad. His eyes had a tint of red.

He was probably a sleep. Way to go Liam.

"Did I wake you?" I asked shyly. Zayn shook his head and rolled back over. I sighed and flipped him back over again.

"Are you gonna get up or am I gonna have to carry you?" I asked. Zayn didn't answer. He just stared at me blankly.

I sighed again squatted down. I slipped my arms under Zayn and lifted him off the bench - bridal style.

Zayn seemed a little lost at first, then wrapped his arms around my neck and held on tightly.

It looked as if I was holding an over sized baby.

I made my way down the hall. Thank god the other prisoners weren't here.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. Zayn didn't respond, just like how he wasn't responding before.

"You know you can talk. Especially to me." I stated, walking down the hall, earning weird looks from other guards.

Zayn moved his head slightly, looking up at me. He blinked innocently a few times, flashing his big chocolate eyes, then looked back down.

I sighed sadly. He's not big on talking, now is he?

I took a turn down one more hallway that led to the "play ground".

I stopped and just stood in front of the door that separated us from outside.

"Zayn, say something. Anything. or else, I'm not putting you down or going outside." I threatened... or at least attempted. I don't look like as scary as the other guards that work here.

Zayn didn't react. He seemed pretty comfortable.

"If you don't say something I'll room you with..." name someone he should fear, "Andy." I stated.

I felt Zayn stiffen. He looked up at me. His expression showed an unnamable emotion His eyes reminded me of blobs of pudding. He opened his mouth and said,

"I'm not okay."