twenty-nine.

it was the first time sinai had been able to reach the exact center of a maze. laying her head on jimin's shoulder, she played with the purple flower he had given her.

the fountain running behind them gave the whole setting an even more peaceful aura. it was refreshing to the soul to be able to have this sort of moments with each other.

"the sky is so beautiful right now," jimin spoke as he looked up, pointing towards the many visible stars.

"do you know anything about constellations?" sinai asked, pointing to what she thought could be the polar star.

"not really, just that whoever invented them really had a fertile imagination," he shrugged, looking at her as her eyes focused on the tiny docs. he smiled, admiring her complexion and wondering how there wasn't one named after her.

"you're right," she moved her finger to try to trace the ursa minor constellation, failing to do so. "i've always enjoyed looking at stars and imagining myself somewhere else."

"i see," jimin agreed. "i wonder what kind of planets are out there. and what kind of life is also out there. life is too major to only exist in one planet."

"exactly," sinai focused her eyes on him, smiling. "thank you for today. i really had a good time, the best i've had in a while."

"so do you now believe i'm not a creep?" jimin chuckled.

"baby steps," she joked, her chin on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around hers. "i'm sorry i ran from you and left you for a whole month."

"i get why you did it," he promised, lifting her hand and linking her fingers with his own. "i'm scared of this too, you know?"

sinai fidgeted with the hem of her t-shirt. she had been trying to put all that fear behind her, to let her heart open once more. and trying to figure out if jimin could possibly be the key was something that had been consuming her thoughts lately.

she looked at their linked hands, analyzing how they fit perfectly together. she felt her cheeks heating up, her heart beat speeding. "maybe i just don't want to be afraid anymore."

"good," jimin smiled, standing up and offering her his hand. "c'mon, let's dance."

sinai arched her eyebrows. "dance? really? like those cheesy movies when they dance with no music on?"

jimin shrugged. "yeah, that always makes them fall in love with each other."

sinai bit her bottom lip as she shook her head with a timid smile. "are you saying you're trying to get me to fall in love with you?"

"that was obvious from the beginning," he wiggled his eyebrows and let out a heartedly laugh. for that reason and many others only her heart knew, she took his hand.

it was just like what she thought it would be. cheesy, kind of awkward, with lots of giggling and stepping on each other in the process. jimin hadn't lied when he said he was a good dancer, so most of the mistakes were on her side, but he simply laughed and tickled her each time.

jimin realized he didn't want this night to end. ever. in his eyes, she looked like a dream as the moonlight lit up her features. her smile was something he had never seen before in anyone else; it warmed his heart like no other. and maybe it was foolish of him to feel like he cared so deeply for someone over such a short period of time, but there were no words to explain the sort of connection he felt to this girl. except, of course, serendipity.

he pulled her to his chest once more, holding her hand in his as they swayed together. her head rested on his shoulder, her eyes closing as an unknown sense of bliss overwhelmed her body. yes, she could get used to him.

"i really want to kiss you right now," jimin spoke in a whisper.

her eyes flickered up, catching his own gaze. she didn't speak, she simply put her hand over his cheek and watched as his face inched closer to her own, her eyes closing as she would finally give in to everything she had been trying not to feel for months. as she gave in to him.

"hey! you two!" suddenly, a flashlight was seen just down one of the corridors, and sinai quickly pulled back from him, her eyes widening.

"jimin! that's a guard, we have to go!" she instantly grabbed his hand, alarmed, and tried to pull him along with her. jimin chuckled as he didn't move an inch. "what are you doing pabo? we need to go!"

"hello," he lifted his hand at the guard, greeting him. that was when sinai really thought this blonde haired boy was bat shit crazy.

what she didn't expect was for the guard to stop running towards them, halting his step. "oh, mr. jimin, i'm sorry i didn't realize-"

"it's okay," jimin shrugged. "we'll be out in a minute or two anyway."

"if you need anything, please just let me know," jimin nodded at the man before he once again disappeared.

sinai slapped his chest. and tried not to die from feeling the muscle underneath his shirt, but that's another story.

"what the hell was that?" she whisper yelled at him.

"well..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "i kind of own this place..."

***

author's note

sort of a weird chapter right?! idk. it was kinda cute.
IM SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATES, I SWEAR IM TRYING MY BEST.
TYSM FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES AND COMMENTS U GUYS MAKE MY DAYS

ALSO WTF WTF WTF AT THE FAKE LOVE MUSIC VIDEO AND JUNGKOOK'S ABS AND JUST THE WHOLE CONCEPT AND VISUALS IS SO AMAZING IM SO DONE WITH THEM I WANT THEM TO CHOKE ME

ALSO THAT SHOT WITH JIMIN AND THE WATER FALLING AROUND HIM ... YK WHAT ELSE WAS DRIPPING? MY P-

 YK WHAT ELSE WAS DRIPPING? MY P-

anyway.
u get the idea.

im slowly walking away now.
MUCH LOVE X