forty.

sinai leaned against the door frame as she looked outside, a cup of coffee in her hand. jimin had left for the beach earlier, not bothering to wait for her, which she found to be odd.

finishing her coffee, she decided to grab her towel and proceed to the beach, looking around for a while for the blond, but unsuccessfully so. she then set down the towel, grabbing her headphones from her bag and sitting down on the towel, listening to music.

she was almost too distracted to notice. but as some sort of punishment, she did notice. she noticed them walking side by side, his hand on hers. she noticed the way he looked at the girl, the same way he looked at her. she felt tears stinging in the back of her eyes, but refused to let them slide down her cheeks.

setting her headphones down, she wrapped her arms around herself, in an attempt to keep herself together. she walked over to the two, a questioning look in her expression. she didn't have to question anything though, as jimin simply turned his head to her and shrugged.

"why are you looking at me like that?" he lifted his eyebrows. "it's not like we're dating."

and just like that, her heart shattered into a thousand pieces. he looked heartless as he turned around, shielding the new girl he was with, pressing his lips to hers. just like he used to do with sinai. and so she didn't hold herself together anymore, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"sinai!" his voice called out, but it didn't come from the couple making out.

"sinai!" the voice repeated, making her turn her head towards the house.

"baby, are you okay?" she finally opened her eyes, her body shaking as fresh tears slid down her cheeks. his arms wrapped around her, pulling her protectively to his chest.

it was all just a nightmare.

for some reason, the realization didn't stop her from crying. she held on to him, her face buried in his neck as she sobbed quietly against him. jimin was worried, but he simply held the girl, letting her cry as much as she needed.

it was when he felt the way she held on to his naked back that he understood just how much she needed him. at times, it would feel as if she'd be fine on her own, and at times, it would feel as if she didn't feel as much towards him as he did towards her. but this simply crushed all those beliefs.

she cried, not because she was afraid of losing him anymore. but because she finally realized that losing him would hurt her even more than anything had hurt her before. and she simply couldn't live with that.

once the tears stopped, she kept her face against his neck. his hands ran over her back lovingly, the moonlight the only thing giving any light to the room.

"what happened? did you have a nightmare?" he asked.

"yes," she spoke, still not daring to look at him. "i thought i lost you."

when his parents had left, his mother had wrapped her arms around sinai and whispered how proud she was that her son had met someone like her. and in that moment, an unsettling feeling of fear of losing her own strike of luck had developed in the pit of her stomach.

"you'll never lose me," he assured her, as if he himself held all of their future in his hands. he knew he didn't, but he didn't want to let the girl go any less than the other way around. "i'm right here."

"jimin..." she breathed out his name, her fingers tangling in his hair as she lifted her face up, red eyes staring right into his own. but at this point, she didn't care. "please, be my boyfriend."

her words surprised him. he looked at her questioningly, his hands cupping her face. "why would you ask me that, sinai?"

her teeth sunk into her bottom lip. did this mean he was rejecting her? "w-what do you mean?"