forty-four.

sinai possibly looked like a crazy person as she wandered around town. even jimin could tell, she was growing desperate that there was nothing else they could do.

it was well past eleven in the night and still no sign of her father. they had gone to every place sinai remembered he would like to go to, but then again, those were places from when she was a kid. she felt the tears prickling the back of her eyes; maybe he had left, without saying goodbye.

jimin was on his task to ask people if they had seen him, showing them a picture on sinai's phone. he had been unsuccessful so far, only one woman recognizing the man and vaguely stating that perhaps he had walked by her store.

"maybe we should just give up," sinai sighed, her hand running through her brown locks. "i can't believe their life has reached this point."

jimin noticed how watery her eyes had become, immediately reaching out for the girl and wrapping his arms around her shaky body. "we'll find him, i promise."

it was a promise that he didn't know if he could keep, and sinai knew that, but it gave her a sense of comfort anyway. "thank you for being here, jimin."

"always," he promised, holding her tighter to his chest. she wiped the tears away, taking a deep breath.

"maybe we should try a few bars, he's probably getting even more drunk somewhere," she spoke in a sad tone.

when she had asked her mother what had happened, the woman had slurred that they were both drunk and that they had argued about the multiple times the both had cheated on each other. sinai knew her father, and she knew how explosive he was and how easily he could hurt himself, or others, when he was angry and drunk.

"let's go then," jimin took her hand and lead her through the crowds, towards some of the small bars and pubs down the street.

then, he started feeling his pocket buzzing. taking out sinai's phone, he arched his eyebrow.

"sinai," he called her name, showing her the caller id. "who's kai?"

sinai's eyes widened, not replying to his question as she took the phone from him, taking the call and pressing her phone to her ear.

"yeah?" she cleared her throat, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"sinai? hm, i know i'm not supposed to be calling you after what happened but... i'm at this bar called tulip and i think your father is here, wasted," the man spoke, making sinai's eyes widen.

"oh, hm, thank you, i'll be r-right there," she spoke, tripping over her own words and stuttering. it was stupid how much of an effect his voice still had on her.

pressing the finish call button, she turned to jimin who in turn was staring at her questioningly. "i know where he is," she announced, ignoring his stare as she walked past him towards the bar.

***

the bar was filled with people, making it a lot harder to find anyone. people were dancing, their bodies bumping against sinai and jimin as they didn't seem to mind that they were walking by them.

jimin felt uneasy, for more reasons then one. first, he didn't particularly enjoy the way some men were staring at his girlfriend. second, he didn't like the way she had ignored his questions when he had asked her who the caller was. third, he was certain that this person was special to her, otherwise his contact picture wouldn't have been of the two of them together.

sinai bit her bottom lip as she got on her tiptoes, trying to search for him over the crowd's heads. she wasn't very successful, and the mission seemed nearly impossible. that is, until she felt her hand being grabbed from behind.

she let out a squeak, turning around to wiggle her hand away from whoever was taking it. but she stopped in her tracks when she was met by his face.

kai stood there, wearing a white shirt and ripped jeans, which meant not much had changed. his stare was the same, the kind of stare that used to make her knees go weak. sinai swallowed hard, clearing her throat.

"kai," she breathed out his name, feeling her heart shattering all over again as she looked at his face.

"sinai," he muttered, which made his words barely audible over the music.

jimin watched their interaction, visibly fuming. there was something about the way the two looked at each other which let him know that they had history. and he didn't like it one bit.

stepping in, he wrapped his arm protectively around sinai. the other male looked at jimin questioningly, blinking a couple of times.

sinai blushed crimson, biting her bottom lip. "kai, this is jimin, my boyfriend," she lowered her voice at the last part, which didn't please either of the men.

"and you are?" jimin arched his eyebrow.

"i'm kai," he nodded his head towards the shorter male. "the ex."

***

author's note

once again very small update but im dROWNING in school work

anyway prepare for DRAMA :D

my heart is aching over whats happening to our jin. sending love and light to him and his family ❤