5

"Why do they call you that?" You asked, sitting on the floor watch him pace back and forth. He was antsy, its had been a while since he had last left the room.
"Call me what?" His words echoed off the walls as he continued to pace, the plates in his silver arm making a consistent whir as they shifted. Another sign of his agitated state.
"Soldat." You replied, his body stiffened and he ceased all movement. His back was to you, for a brief moment you wondered if you made a mistake in asking. Slowly he looked over his shoulder at you, blue eyes flickered over to were you were.
"It means soldier." He replied, before he continued to pace. This was the first piece of information he had given you about himself.
"Are you?" You asked cautiously, knowing if you pressed too much he would snap.
"No." His voice was on edge this time, a sign.
"How long have I been here?" You changed you question, reminding yourself little bit at a time.
"Three years." His words came out clipped, as he stopped pacing.
"I'd give anything if they just let me out for a bit." You say more to yourself then to him.
"Don't." He said, his words cooling down, you shifted in your spot.
"Don't what?"
"Don't give them anything." He replied softly.
It was when his walls had started to break. You remembered that day clearly, it was this first time you realized something was off about the man that beat and had forced himself on you. There was something underneath that stoic facet. Someone that had once been human, and that's when you focused on breaking down those walls.
You exited the subway, rain graced your face as you stepped out on the darken street. You pulled your hood back on your sweatshirt, to give a better vantage point while looking around. You looked up to the night sky, tall buildings surrounding you. It was the one at the end of the street that had your focus, the one that you came to and watched. Stark Tower.
You had been hunting him, a cloaked figure in the night, he was your mission. To find him, to see him, and to either bring him back or kill him.

"Buck." Steve sighed, sitting in a chair opposite of his friend, watching as the nurse sutured up his hand. "You're going to have to find another outlet for your anger."
"Yeah?" Bucky glared up at him, Steve had forced him to come down here after he found him in the training room. Six torn canvas bags, each one soaked in blood. Bucky standing in front of the seventh one, beating the hell out of it. Bucky himself covered in a thick layer of sweat and blood, the floor was slick with it. "Please tell me, exactly what I should do then?"
"I don't know, go for a run, lift some weights. At the rate you're going we'll be out of punching bags before the end of the day." Steve replied leaning forward in the chair, running his hands through his hair.
"I don't think you understand, Rogers, the things I did, I can't get them out of my head." Bucky spoke through gritted teeth.
"You hurt her, we've already established that." He said.
"I didn't just hurt her, I beat the hell out of her for three years straight. Why, cause she kept talking, talking Steve. I beat her cause she talked." Bucky seethed ripping his bloody and bruised fist from the nurse. "And that's not all I did, I raped her."
Steve's head shot up, his eyes wide at the admission.
"Everything that happened to that poor girl, that's on me, and now I'm reliving every moment of it. I wish I could go back in the past and undo it all." Bucky stated.
"Bucky, you can't..." he was cut short as the ex-assassin stood suddenly.
"Don't finish that statement. I'm tired of you defending the Winter Soldier and his actions." His word on edge as he stormed past the man.
He left her on the cot, curled up on her side crying softly. He stood center of the room, eyes trained on the door, waiting for the next mission.
"Why?" Her voice painful through her tears.
"You're mine." He replied coldly, not bothering to face her.
"I'm not a thing. You can't claim me." The fire in her voice coming back.
"You were given to me. You are mine." He gritted his teeth.
"Tell me that to my face, asshole." She shouted at his back.
The Winter Soldier turned to face her, tears streaked down the bruises on her delicate face. He took in the bruises on her naked skin, new bruising starting to purple. Blood between her legs, and on the cot under her body.
"You are mine." He said it again enunciating each word more clearly. She bit the bottom of her lip and shook her head at him.
"You can't claim a person, that's not how this works." You tell him again, as a new set of tears began to fall.
The door opened behind him, the Winter Soldier glanced over his shoulder at the soldiers who entered.
"I see you really got a feel for your new toy." The man spoke in Russian to him. The Winter Soldier stepped in his view so he could no longer gawk at her naked body. His shoulders hunched up as he became tense, a snarl forming on his face.
One of the soldiers started to walk into the room, making an attempt to go past him. Silver metal shot out grabbing the surprised man by the arm, flinging him back to the open door.
He growled out as a warning, much like dog would over his favorite toy. She was his, and no one would take what was his. He dared the men with his eyes, these weren't the ones who gave him his missions, they had no business being in his room.
    "Soldat, stand down." One of them told him, these weren't the men that he listened to. The Winter Soldier didn't move, his arm quiet as plates were locked into place ready to fight.
    "Leave." His reply was crisp, cold, tension filled the room.
    "Soldat, we've been ordered to bring you to him." The man spoke to him again, changing his tone.
    "Touch her, and I'll kill you." The Winter Soldier stated, walking towards them, making sure they left the room before him. Shutting and locking the door behind him.

Bucky stepped out in the night, dawn would be breaking soon, but you'd recognize that posture anywhere. He took two steps at a time as he descended the steps to the street. He started to sprint down the street, his hair bouncing loose slightly from the pony tail he had.
Your heart rate picked up as he neared toward you, you pulled your hood back up. Tucking your chin down, you didn't want him to see you, not yet. You still had so much you wanted to do before you went back to that room.
     Dear lord, you didn't want to go back. The things they did to you after he left, leaving your brain a jumbled mess. It was at war with itself, the last couple of months thoughts and memories slipping through the cracks.
     Bucky bumped in to you as he passed, for a moment your mission was gone from your memory.
     "Sorry." You mumbled in Russian, forgetting. Forgetting the training grilled into you, for moments like this.
     He stopped dead in tracks feet behind you, taking in a sharp breath he spun on his heel. You were gone, a ghost of his past returned to him in the dead of night. His heart hammering in his chest, your voice, one grilled into his thoughts, his jaw slack.
     "Y/n" he breathed.