9

It was late afternoon by the time Bucky came out of his room. A commotion going on down the hall brought him out of his room. He walked into the common, Nat, Steve, Tony and Sam watched a file on the large flat top screen.
"This happened early this morning." Tony stated, playing the video.
It had have been taken by a cell phone, as the video bounced. The mayor was giving a speech, a lone gun shot rang out. People started screaming and running, ducking for cover. A solitary figure walked up to the podium, dressed in all black tactical gear. A black mouth guard covered the lower portion of her face, black goggles covering her eyes. There was no doubt she looked like the Winter Soldier as she strode up, leveling her gun at the terrified mayor before pulling the trigger.
"Looks like we have a copycat." Sam said casually looking around, his eyes landing on Bucky.
"She's not." Bucky stated softly catching the attention of the other three. "It's her."
"Buck, how are you sure?" Steve asked, brow knitting up as the video replayed on a loop.
Bucky sighed walking up and freezing the frame at the point where you had leveled your gun. He zoomed in on the obsidian necklace, he pointed at it before turning back to the four.
"Cause I gave her that." He stated.

'What's this?' She asked as he extended his hand to her. He shrugged as she took the smooth black stone from him, intertwining the black cord that hung from it in her fingers. It was tear shaped, and felt cool in her skin.
She glance up at him, his eyes flicked down the floor, his shoulders slightly slumped. As with always he was wearing all black tactical gear, the smell of copper, sweat, and gunpowder hung from him like his own personally cologne. His muzzle was on, she hated that thing, it was their form of punishment when he would talk to much, something that had been happening more as of late.
She took a step to him, reaching up, she saw him tense but he didn't move from her. She grasped the side of the mask, unclipping it from his face. He stared down at her as she pulled it from his face. She tossed it to the side without looking, and she brought her other hand up to cup his face.
The Winter Soldier flinched as she slowly pushed the hair from his eyes. She held his eye contact as she gently brought her finger down his jawline, feeling the stumble on his face. She could see the uncertainty in his eyes, not knowing what she was going to do to him.
"Who are you?" She breathed, he grasped her hand suddenly, the cool metal catching her off guard. He held it away from his face, looking at it, she could see his confusion at her tender touch.
"I.. I don't know." He responded, answering the question she'd been asking him for years. His eyes flicking back to her, he turned away from her, walking over to his cot and laid down.
"What did they do you?" She asked him, not bothering to face him.
"You don't want to know." He replied grimly, she put the necklace on that he had given to her. Looking down at it, thoughts racing through her mind.
"They hurt you, didn't they?" Slowly she turned around looking at the man who's life meant so little to their captors. He had his back to her, facing the wall.
She walked over and sat down on the cot next to him. Gently she placed her hand on his back, his body was tense, she couldn't help but wonder when someone had treated him kindly.
"That's y/n." Bucky's sad voice came out, looking back at the screen. "Evidently Hydra found their use for her after I left."
"So they trained her?" Sam asked blowing a heavy stream of air.
"No, I did." He replied remorse in his words as he was walking away with a renewed purpose.
"Buck, where are you going?" Steve asked as he hurried to follow his friend.
"Out after her." He stated, throwing open the door to his room, heading straight to the closet. "I knew I thought I saw her."
"What?"
"That night I went for a run, I bumped into someone. I could of sworn it was her, and I was right." Bucky stated, pulling on his old jacket.
"You can't be serious, about going out there after her." Steve's voice raising an octave, as bucky strapped his knives to his body.
"I'm dead serious, Steve." He replied casually, his body beginning to hum with excitement.
"And what if that's Hydra's plan, to lure you using her." Steve demanded, Bucky slowly turned to face the other man. "Did they know what she meant to you?"
"All they knew she was to me was my toy, and I'm going out there for her. I left her behind once to those bastards, I'm not going to do it again." Bucky's words clipped as he brushed past, Steve snagged the inside of his elbow forcing him to look at him.
"Then you're not going alone, I'm coming with you." Steve challenged him with his patriotic stare.
"Fine, but don't get in my way. She won't be easy to take down." Bucky replied ripping his arm out of the other man's grasped.
"Of course it won't be easy, she had to deal with you for how long?"
-
You looked around the empty church, trying to remember the last time you had been in one. You placed the last of the bombs under the one of the pews. You weren't one hundred percent sure if he hadn't gotten your message but this, this was bound to his attention now.
You stepped out the building, the sun hitting your covered body. You walked from the building as loud explosion erupted behind you, dust covered the streets as car alarms rang out in unison. The second blast taking the front of the building off as cars skidded to a stop, the wail in the distance as first responder were in route.
Your steps powerful and confident as they hit the blacktop of the street. You pulled your hunting knife out, flicking it circles as you waltz down the street.
"You're home."