10

Bucky and Steve pulled up as the third blast rocked the block. Thick smoke and dust settling low in the street obscuring the view. People rushing out, faces covered from the heavy grey air, screams of terror chorusing with the sounds of help coming. Bucky looked around, his shoulders tensing, time seemed to slow down. Reality started to blur with lost memories, reminding him of past demons.
Your form slowly materialized through ashen fog, your knife glinting in the sunlight as you flipped it. You stopped, twenty feet out, slowly you reached up with your free hand, pulling the googles from your face. You dropped them to ground, even amongst the noise and the confusion Bucky heard them hit the ground.
"Y/n, you need to stop this." Steve bellowed out, pulling his shield off his back.
You didn't respond as your eyes slowly tracked back over to the blonde. Bucky could see it, that haunted, lost look in your eyes. He knew what was going on, the disconnect from your brain to the rest of your conscious thought. Lighting speed you had your hand raised, the knife was missing. It wasn't till the ping of the shield had Bucky realized you had thrown it.
"Steve, get everyone out of here." Bucky stated calmly, taking a step towards you.
"Buck." He warned, flicking his eyes back to you, eyeing the guns attached to your hips and legs.
"I've got her, you get the rest." His reply was cold as he strode towards you.
"Ready? Your final mission."
Your brain registering the threat walking towards you, the clicking sound of his arm recalibrating echoed in your ears. You pulled the glock from your left hip, leveling it out at him before rapidly firing the entire clip at him. He brought his arm up, each round pinging off as he continued to you.
You tossed the gun to your side, pulling his knife from your belt.
"You have a choice." She cried.
"Y/n!" Bucky roared above the noise as he reached you, you kept the blade close to your body, slashing upward as he backed up.
You laid down on the bed, closing your eyes.
You came at him in small spurts, watching his movements. You flipped the blade, swinging your arm in at him from the side, he blocked. Stepping into you, grabbing you by the front of your jacket, hard eyes glaring down at you. You remember those eyes, why do you remover those eyes.
"Y/n." He breathed, as you pulled away enough to kick him square in the knee. Who was y/n?
He stumbled back, you jumped up kicking with both feet him in the chest. You rolled as your back touched the surface of the street, popping back up, pulling the gun from your right hip.
Morning light, mouth guard, searing pain, liquid fire coursing through your veins. Thoughts racing away from you like a movie on fast forward. Bright blue eyes, then nothing. Fog, black and bleak.
"Soldat?" A hallowed voice asks.
"Ready to comply." Cold words roll off your lips.
You spun into another kick as the man bounced back, this time he engaged. The arm shined in the sunlight as it neared your body, you ducked stepping in, ramming him with your shoulder full force. He didn't budge, as his other arm reached to seize you, you brought your elbow up hard into the underside of his jaw.
He moved back, you leveled the gun. He reached out like at cobra striking speed. His sleek hand engulfing the nose as you pulled the trigger.
'Ready to comply.' Your own words echoed in your head as you stepped out of the hotel. Mission, entice with one known as the Winter Soldier, the asset.
You found the mayor, highly public place. Lots of cameras. Boom.
He ripped the cold metal of the weapon from your grasp, tossing it to the side.
"Y/n, this isn't you!" The man shouted, as he jumped back from your strike. "You have a choice!"
You body registered, your gait faltered.
"I'm a good person and I'm not going to let my circumstances change that." She said.
     "You know me!" Bucky yelled as his fist finally made contact with you. Hitting you in the shoulder, he didn't want to do this. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt you again but just like him, you was lost in there. Lost in the shit Hydra has done, you jumped back.
    A bullet whizzed through the air, catching the side of your mask. Your head snapped, towards the offending shooter, a lone cop hiding behind a chunk of rumble. Your narrowed eyes flicked back to Bucky, his hands up, waiting for your next move. In a quick flurry of movements you had another gun off your leg, leveled to the side and pulling the trigger.
     "Dammit! Y/n." He yelled, walking powerfully to you.
      You struck out at him, in a series of punches, kicks, strikes.
Bright blues, bodies pressed together, lips crashing against lips. The heat in the room building, his hands traveling over your naked body. The soldier, your soldier, the cool feel of the stone from your necklace resting on your bare chest.
     Your head snapped back, you stopped your attack on him, your mask dangling from the side of your face. The soldier on the ground, bright blue eyes, barring into you as he stood. You stepped back, your chest beginning to tighten, once calm heart rate ticking up a notch. Y/n? Who was y/n?
     "Y/n, I know you're in there." The Soldier breathed, standing cross from you. The world silencing around the two of you. "I can see it in your eyes, you're in there."
     You paced to the left, eyes narrowing at him. You knew him, you remembered being with him, how? Who was he? Your shoulders tensed as he paced to the left keeping an equal distance from you. The glint of silver on the street between you caught your eye, your knife.
    "You know me." He said calmly, his eyes flicking to the knife. "That knife was the one I gave you before I left. The necklace you wear, that was gift from me. The scar on your eye brow, that's from me too."
     You touched the scar, fingers gently tracing the smooth surface.
He spun you, slamming you face first into the cold cement wall, your brow splitting instantly. Blood gushing out.
"Y/n, you were nothing but an eighteen year old girl hydra picked off the streets, you were on a vacation with friends." The Soldiers voice thundered.
"Who the fuck y/n?" You growled, dropping into a roll for the knife.