<4>

Jungkook POV:

We drove back to the dorms in heavy silence. No one dared to make a sound, everyone's minds still hazy and jumbled from what had just happened.

I ripped pesky hang nails off of my finger tips, ignoring the pain it caused.

I didn't know how long we expected Taehyung to not do anything and to just take the abuse.

Even the warmest things can grow cold. Even the prettiest flowers wilt.

I knew something was off for the past year.

At the beginning, I could tell even through all the abuse Taehyung was receiving from the members, he still cared and loved each of us.

He would always go out of his way to do things for us (that we always rejected), like cooking us meals or inviting us to parks. Even when we all said no or hurt him, he still wore that unique smile of his so genuinely, constantly forgiving us.

As the days went on, that smile became more and more forced, his actions less and less caring.

He stopped trying to talk to us about anything. Most of the members sickeningly enjoyed that. He stopped trying to interact with us at fan signs and would just sit there, a fake smile plastered his face as he spoke to just the fans.

It soon escalated to him not being home for days on end. Not that any of the other members cared, joyous because of his absence.

I truly knew he had truly changed when Namjoon and Hoseok were beating him up and he didn't even do anything. He didn't cry or ask why they were hurting him, he just took it. His face was devoid of any sort of emotion, even sadness and pain weren't there.

When they were done, I secretly watched him get up, brush himself off and go upstairs, his expression blank and soulless, no feeling behind his eyes.

I watched it all happen, like a coward.

I could probably take on each of the hyungs on separately. I was a 'muscle pig' as everyone described, I knew I could take them any day, alone. When they're together, there is nothing I could do but stand there like an idiot and witness an innocent boy crumble.

I hated myself.

I decided to ditch Taehyung because of my own needs.

Sad part was, it didn't even take much for me to join the other members sides. A few words about Tae being worthless and irrelevant was enough. My young self believed them enough to become one of them, an abuser.

I had never put my hands on Tae but I would be lying if I never called him names or said mean shit to him.

I had to, for the others to know that I wasn't friends with Tae, that I didn't care for him, that he meant nothing to me.

That was the farthest thing from the truth. I really did care for Tae, but I was a dumb coward who wasn't able to stand up to bullies; so I became a bully.

It's just like how the saying goes, 'you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain'.

"What are we going to do guys?" Jimin's soft voice asked quietly. I could see his brown eyes were glassy with tears that wouldn't fall. I almost scoffed out loud at the sight. Why was he crying? He had no reason to. He was treated great by the hyungs and even Taehyung at one point.

We were all selfish.

"We have to put Taehyung back in his place," Namjoon growled darkly, his hands clenching into fist. There was a silent agreement between everyone, even me because I'm a pussy who will go along with them.

After the wordless drive, we made it to the dorms. Yoongi immediately went to his room to probably sleep. Jin was cooking something for us, Namjoon trailing along side him. Jimin went into the showers and Hoseok went to the studio room. I quietly made my way out of everyone's sight towards my room.

I laid down on the white sheets, sun seeping through the wooden blinds. I let myself feel the pain and guilt I had been suppressing all day out into the open, calm air.

Wetness trailed across my skin as tears began falling from my tired eyes. Soundless sobs escaped my shaking body as I curled up into a ball, gripping the sheets to try and not cry out.

If the hyungs knew I was crying, they'd ask questions I couldn't answer with them being the people they were. Inside, my heart hurts from being like this, a dumb self-centred piece of shit who let a group of assholes hurt a pure ball of happiness who only wanted to give.

My mouth was dry and my face felt sticky from both sweat and tears. I walked into my personal bathroom, the mirror in front of me showing a disheveled boy with red trails along his face, his hair matted and stuck to his forehead.

I turned on the tap and let the water run for a minute, trying to get it as cold as possible. I ran my hands under the stream and felt myself shiver from the coolness. I cupped my shaking hands and let the clear liquid fill them before washing my face.

I dry myself with the black towel that hung along the door and stared into the mirror and met my lifeless eyes. I put on some concealer to hide the fact I was bawling like a bitch just now and ran a comb through my raven hair. I changed my black, tear stained shirt and dark washed jeans and traded them for a loose white tee shirt and black Nike sweats.

I felt so selfish for crying when nothing had happened to me. I did this to myself, it was my fault, I let myself become a puppet to those people.

It was only eight at night but my body felt so utterly exhausted and I really wasn't arguing with sleep. I returned to my blank state and let my emotions become caged up until I was ready to let them out again.

I knew that this wasn't healthy but I didn't really care. My health doesn't matter because I deserve this.

I put Tae through so much pain that I deserve to feel a fraction of what he does, or did. He doesn't seem to care anymore. I can't tell if that was a good or bad thing if I'm being honest.

I could hear Jin yelling loudly for everyone to come down for dinner but I didn't bother. I let the heaviness of sleep cover my body and prayed that the other members would leave me alone. I don't think I could look at them without having a breakdown.

How selfish of me.

~

I honestly don't really think that this chapter has a consistent writing style but idek. I'm also a hardcore vkook shipper so Jungkook can't be totally bad lmao

Thoughts on Jungkook?