<8>

Jungkook POV:

I felt like ripping my eyes out of my skull. I wanted to tear my jet hair out of my scalp. I desperately wanted to claw at my skin still it bled. I needed to do something to myself.

I let it happen again. I heard the screams and I did nothing. I just curled up on my soft bed like a good little puppy-dog bitch and cried until my body couldn't produce tears anymore.

What was wrong with me? How could I let them do that to Taehyung? Someone who had done nothing wrong since the day he left his mother's womb.

I checked my phone, it was 4:36am. I didn't leave my room or sleep at all last night. Every time I shut my eyes, the only thing I could hear were Taehyung's screams of agony and pain on repeat. Visual pictures of his eyes being red and bloodshot from crying popping up in my head. Images of his battered body and emotionless face flashing everywhere I looked.

The other members were worried and tried to pry me out of my room but I stayed.

I didn't deserve the food that Jin made for everyone but Tae.

I didn't deserve the love and affection Jimin gave to everyone but Tae.

I didn't deserve Hoseok's bright smile he shared with everyone but Tae.

I didn't deserve the advice Namjoon should give to all the members but Tae.

I didn't deserve those rare, soft moments with Yoongi that he gave to each of us but Tae.

I didn't deserve anything. Not when I couldn't protect the most kind soul that had ever lived.

I could do one thing though.

I opened my bedroom door slowly, praying none of the members would wake up. I tip toed in front of a familiar room. A room that once gave me joy every time I looked at it. Memories of playing video games and laughing with each other played inside my head, so happy and carefree.

A bitter smile found its way on my lips as I remembered that I was the reason that that all stopped.

I twisted the cold doorknob of the eerily quiet room, my heart pounding in clamped throat. I let my eyes roam around the room, preparing myself to see the worst.

I fell on my knees when I saw the scene before me, ignoring the pain the rushed to my kneecaps.

Taehyung was lying there, his black shirt riding up to show countless of painful bruises and scattered cuts that seemed to be everywhere I looked. His golden thighs blossomed with ugly marks of blues and purples, dark maroons joining in. They looked like if you even breathed on them, it would cause unrelenting pain to the poor unconscious boy.

His gangly arms looked almost dead, as if they were no longer part of his body. They were beside him in in such awkward positions, like they had no bones in them, like he couldn't feel them.

A deep red, hand shaped mark decorated Taehyung's slender neck, painting his honey coloured skin with pain. An audible gasp left my chapped lips.

"Someone fucking choked him?" I breathed out, rage lacing my deadly tone. They were monsters. How could they do that? He could've fucking died.

I didn't want to look up at his face, I didn't want to see anymore of the pain that had been inflicted on him. But I forced myself to, I deserved to see what I could've prevented if I wasn't such a fucking pussy.

My already glassy eyes trailed up onto his face slowly, dreading what I knew wasn't going to be a pleasant sight.

His face. His usually stunning tan face was swollen with marks of pain, obviously receiving abuse the day before. His one monolid eye was black, a dark bruise surrounding it, the skin slightly puffy. His swollen cheeks were painted with reds and blues, marks of suffering inflicted into his soft skin. Finger marks the colour of the handprint on his neck occupied his left cheek, hints of yellow tugging at the edges. On the other side, a nasty purple blemish was left there, looking so utterly painful; I didn't want to imagine what that must've felt like. His beautiful sun kissed skin was replaced with a sickly pale white that contrasted the wounds on his face harshly, making them look worse. Holy shit.