Peeta & Katniss's Baby's Born

Peeta POV
Katniss's been in labor for almost 10 hours  Dr.Ross told us that, labor is different for every woman. Katniss's only 5 centimeters dilated & why her labor's continued so long she's a long way to go before she can push.

Dr. Ross who's been our sons doctor asks Katniss if she wants to get an epidural?, it'll ease the pain and let you rest for a while.

Katniss asks him will it cause any problems from the epidural, when he is born or any other possible effects?

Dr. Ross says no, of course not! It's safe it's why some women choose to get an epidural during labor. The FDA approved it because there are no health risks to the baby.

What do you think Peeta?, she asks

If you feel comfortable with it, yes
I support you, with every decision.
Katniss smiles & squeezes my hand.

Yes, I would like to get an epidural after she'd given the epidural Katniss has been able to rest it's helping me relax too.

Ok, Ms. Everdeen with the next contraction push. Mr. Mellark make sure Katniss doesn't use all of her strength, I will Dr. Ross I said.

After 15 hours of labor & 5 pushes later our baby boy was born. We're smiling as I use a cold washcloth to clean the sweat from her face after pushing she can finally rest now.

I love you Peeta, Katniss says

I love you more Katniss, I said

We were kissing when we hear the door to her room open. We both pull away to see a nurse bring us our son in a rolling bassinet.

She says he's perfectly healthy, are you ready to meet your baby boy? We both
said yes we are and she smiles.

She gives him to his mother my, she has happy tears in her eyes and I do too

Katniss says I'm your mommy & this's your daddy is next to us.

Do you both have a name?,
she asks us. Yes, we do.

Deacon Elliot Mellark that is a wonderful name for your little angel. Thank you we
ask if we can ask her her name is, yes of course it's Krista, thank you Krista we say.

Your welcome she said.

We signed the birth certificate it has his footprint & handprint on it.

Katniss asks Krista is it legal can I sign my name as Katniss Mellark?, we're getting married soon.

Yes it is, if that is what you would like to sign your name. Katniss did exactly that.

Katniss Isabelle Mellark- Mother

Peeta James Mellark - Father

Child's Birth Certificate
Deacon Elliot Mellark
7 pounds 1 ounces
May 13, 2025

I'm holding Deacon while Katniss sleeps, he opens his eyes and as he looks at his new world. He sees his sleeping mother then looks at me. I look at him & say "I'm your daddy".

Deacon grabs my finger in his tiny hand & making little happy noises looking at me. I see Deacon has my ashy blonde hair and my cerulean baby blues.

Deacon's a "mini me" I kiss his forehead and lay him in his bassinet next to us. I carefully lay down next to Katniss, I hold her in my arms & I fall asleep beside her

Deacon Elliot Mellark
7 pounds 1 ounces
May 13, 2025

I hope you enjoyed the chapter

Remember to vote and comment

Lots of love
Tracy xxx