Chapter 10

With Kazuto

Kazuto was riding his bike down to the hospital as the empty streets shined with the street lights that reflected off the snow. As he rode as fast as he could, he could only imagine Asuna. Wanting to see her wake up.

Kazuto: Asuna...

He then imagined suddenly seeing her vitals signs on her EKG machine turn to zero. He widened his eyes and pedaled faster to the hospital. Behind him though, two people on a motorcycle followed in the same direction.

At The Hospital

Kazuto put his bike at the front entrance where the gate was open and ran into the front parking lot. He ran towards the lights at the entrance of the hospital. As he ran though, a man in an overcoat came out from the shadows and jumped in his direction.

*SLASH*

Kazuto's sprint slowed and he stopped as he felt blood trickle down his arm and drop to the snow beneath his feet. He stumbled back next to a car and held his right arm in pain as the person came forward with a knife.

???: You're late, Kirito-kun.

Kazuto: You...

???: What if I'd caught a cold?

The figure stepped into the light and revealed to be Sugou with bloodshot eyes and a sharp razor sharp knife.

Kazuto: S-Sugou?

Sugou: That was a horrible thing you and P/N did, Kirito-kun. I can still feel the pain.

Kazuto: Sugou, you're finished...Turn yourself in and stand trial.

Sugou: What's finished? There are plenty of companies that would want me. Yes, once my research is complete, I will become a true king. The God of this world.

Kazuto: You...

Sugou: But first, I'm going to kill you, Kirito-kun. Then I'll kill P/N.

He rushed at Kazuto with the knife and tried to stab him, but Kazuto stepped to the side but was cut on the cheek and fell on his bad arm, making blood flow onto the snow.

Sugou: Hey, stand up. *kicks him* Stand up! *kicks him again*

Kazuto saw a lot of blood flow onto the snow under him and widened his eyes as Sugou stared down at him.

Sugou: A piece of trash like you and P/N, slowing me...Slowing me down! *raises knife* Naturally, the punishment for this is death. Nothing but death will be acceptable!

He went to stab Kazuto in the head, but he had missed, and stabbed the ground in front of him. He covered his left eye with his other hand as Kazuto stared in shock.

Sugou: Huh? My right eye is all foggy...So I missed.

He raised the knife shakily as he suddenly began to sob.

Sugou: You garbage...You...You don't have any real power!

Kazuto stared at Sugou as he could only see the same Oberon that you and him defeated back in Alfheim.

Kazuto's Thoughts: Sugou, you aren't any different.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Sugou yell as his hands were clasped around the hilt of the knife.

Sugou: Die, trash!!

*BANG*

Kazuto had his eyes closed when he heard the loud noise, and thought he was dead. But when he felt nothing, he looked up to see Sugou stagger back and hold his right shoulder.