Jesse:

Lee stretches out on my bed, burying her face deeper underneath the sheets. "I wish you wouldn't play your music so loud babe. I have the worst hangover headache."

"No one asked you to drink." I tickle her ribcage. She pushes my hand away, pressing her own hand against her forehead. 

"I know. I should've listened to Valentina but I just wanted to loosen up a little more." She pulls the sheets over her head. Her thin legs peek out. 

"Well you should've eaten more, too."

"That pizza was going to make me gain like five pounds just by looking at it." Lee moans. "Valentina never cares about the consequences of eating greasy foods, that's why she always breaks out." Lee grows quiet for a moment. "Pretend I didn't say that."

I don't respond, scratching my neck and looking towards my window. The sun is high in the clouds and I can see the buildings across town from here. "Well how about you forget about pounds and food and diets and we can go down to this rad diner I know? They have the best sweet potato fries."

"I don't like sweet with savory." Lee says. 

I wonder if Valentina likes sweet potato fries. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Valentina:

I lick my pen, filling in a design I've been working on. Outside, a car alarm goes off loudly, making me jump. Nicole turns down the television, then stands up and walks over to the window. "Honestly, that person's car always goes off. Whoever's trying to steal it should just finish the job and let us live in peace."

I laugh. "You really are looking out for the community in this building."

"Lemme see." She walks over and stands above me, looking down at my design. I move the notebook towards her, pressing my hand against my cheek.

"It's not done yet, it"-

"It looks great. I love this floral pattern." She traces the roses I've sketched. "Have you ever considered doing full on clothes?"

"Clothing? I don't know." My quick sketches could never compare to the elaborate masterpieces they create in clothing brands. 

"I don't know. You make cool slogans and a couple of cute little designs and you've got yourself a winner."

"You hype me up more than I do myself." I put down the notebook, stretching.

"I know, I'm such a good person." Nicole collapses down on the sofa. The car alarm outside goes off again and she flips it off. I close my notebook and begin to get absorbed in the reality show Nicole is watching. My phone vibrates next to me. 

Lee: Hungover send help

Literally no one asked you to drink so

Lee: Jesse told me the exact same thing so thanks for telling me twice

You're welcome :)

Jesse: Hey can you do me a favor?

I pause, looking around the room. Nicole is still observed in her show. 

Lee: Fuck 

Lee: You

Lee: I hate my life

I bite my cheek and respond to Jesse. Sure?

Jesse: Tell Lee to stop drinking

Jesse: All she does is complain afterwards