Chapter 7 ~ Kyoshi

The entire crew is sent into a flustered rush as they change course to Kyoshi Island. The island isn't that far off the current navigation path which makes the crew even more anxious to prepare everything in time. 

Karina watches as  Iroh and a few others move to prepare the Rhinos for their potential battle. Her eyes scanned the ship looking at all the movement, she couldn't help but wonder what would eventually become of her here. If she would be allowed to journey with the Prince and his uncle forever or if he would make her leave to a new place, a new life.

Zuko stood at the hull of the ship, his keen gaze on the water ahead. Finally, he had found where the Avatar was and soon he would be back on his ship and Zuko would return to the fire nation. Back where he belonged, his honour restored along with his fathers blessing. He felt the salty ocean air fill his lungs as he breathed deeply, the Avatar although a child was not someone to underestimate, he had great power, more power than Zuko or any of his men possessed. But if his experiences at the southern water tribe where anything to go off of, if innocents where in danger the Avatar would come willingly. The prince only hoped that not many innocents would have to be injured, not that he would share this. 

He heard her as she arrived at his side, neither said a word. Zuko was unsure of what to make of the meek female that had joined them at Zhoa's docks. She was his daughter yet the two where nothing alike, Zuko didn't see a single ounce of the malicious general in the quiet girl that had become a regular face aboard the ship. His eyes lingered on her small frame for longer then he intended and as if she felt his eyes on her Karina turned to smile.

For a moment they're eyes held each others before Zuko pulled away a scowl on his features. Karina looked back toward the ocean a soft smile on her face, despite living at a dock she had gotten little time to be around the ocean. It was pleasant to watch as the waves slowly rolled towards them.

"When you capture the Avatar," she paused turning her body to face Zuko,"What will you do then?"

Her question seemed genuine and in no way mocking. And for a second a smile tugged at his lips because she really believed he could capture the Avatar.

"I will return to the fire nation and reclaim my place at my fathers side." Karina nodded gently.

"What will you do with me?" Zuko felt his body freeze. What would he do with her when the Avatar was within his grasp. Returning her to Commander Zhoa would be wrong yet, he could fortell his father telling him to do exactly that. For once the scarred Prince was glad for his uncles interruption as the shorter man called the two over to the rhinos.

Karina sighed before following after the silent Zuko.

***

"I want the avatar alive." Zuko commanded as he led his men forward on the Rhinos. Karina sat behind Iroh, she had asked to stay on board the ship but Zuko had denied her. She wasn't sure if it was because he didn't trust her or some other reason but she wasn't exactly happy to be here all the same.

Almost all of the crew had donned their fire nation armour and were following the princes lead to hopefully capture the Avatar. As if sensing her unease Iroh slowed his beast down ever so slightly and motioned for her to hold on to his robe. Karina smiled gently at the kindness of the old general. She'd never met a General from the fire nation who held so much love in their heart, it made her wonder what her father would have been like if he had cared as much as Iroh did. 

 "Come out, Avatar! You can't hide from me forever!" He paused before lowering his voice. "Find him."

Out of no where a collection of female warriors attacked Zuko's army. Karina felt entranced by their movements, the beautiful facepaint combined with the elegant fans made them appear stronger then any of Zuko's soldiers. One charged directly for Zuko's rhino but he turned at the last minute and the beast knocked her from the air with a large swish of it's tail. Karina felt her body tense at the sight. Her grip tightened on the rope and her eyes stayed firmly fixed on the fallen warrior. 

Just before Zuko can take the shot he'd been aiming for another steps in the girls way. The person is dressed like the others yet Karina can tell that they aren't the same. Zuko fires anyway and the new warrior deflects the flame expertly knocking the prince off of his Rhino. She can't help but feel like she is in the wrong by being sat on Zuko's side in the first place. For a moment she thinks abut getting off of the Beast, muttering an apology to Iroh and staying on Kyoshi, never looking back at the scarred prince. Yet, she felt a duty to him. He had taken her from her father and she had now more freedom then she ever had, all thanks to Zuko's kindness.