Chapter 18 ~ Avatar Roku

Karina's eyes widen as she spots the fireballs hurtling towards them from the other firenation ships. The deck rocks ferociously as the fire balls land in the water all around them testing the balance of all on board. A small gruff leaves her lips as Karina crashes to the deck of the ship the wood scrapeing her arm. Before she can stand again,  another fire ball hits close to the ship causing a large wave to crash onto them. Karina can barley breath, her lungs feel full of water and her eyes sting from the sudden rush. For a second she makes eye contact with Zuko who has braced himself upon the catapult before another fireball hits the back of the ship.

A large hand is stuck infront of her eyes offering aid, blocking her view of the prince. Iroh smiles as the small female takes his hand and rises off of the deck. He has some how seemed to stay composed in the rocking of the ship, far more composed than Karina who is now scratched, spluttering and soaking wet.

"Prince Zuko!" A voice called from the back of the ship causing all to turn and stare. "Prince Zuko, the engines are damaged! We need to stop and make repairs!" the pillars of fire and smoke that billow behind the man are definetly worring but Zuko's scowl on deepens at the mans words and he turns to face the front.

"Do not stop this ship."

There is a second wave of fireballs that do not damage the ship as badly as the last, Karina's eyes are intently watching the flying bison that carries her only other friends. She gasps as a figure falls to the water bellow. Suddenly the bison dips as well hurdling down to the waters surface and stopping the falling figure before heading back into the sky before they safely make it past the blockade.

A sigh of releif passes her lips before she remebers their own predeciment. Zuko is still stood at the bow of the ship where Iroh has now joined him, eyes watching the blockade looking for any sign of weakness. Karina moved to his other side resting a hand on his arm, she could feel the electricity running through his skin, the unforgetable sense of adreniline. He refused to turn to her, his eyes still focused on the blockade.

"We're on a collision course!" Iroh sounds incrediously, begging Zuko to stop with his eyes.

"We can make it!" as if he had willed it, the engines of the other firenation ships stopped, allowing their ship to slip easily through the blockade.

Karina gripped Zuko's arm forcing him to look at her finally taking his eyes off the ships that were now behind them, his determined look softens as he looks into her green eyes filled with worry. She had nothing to worry about now, they were through the blockade and close to the avatar. Iroh watches the ships keenly as they slowly fade into the distance, a hand slowly stroking his beard.

"Prince Zuko," Iroh's voice causes their gaze to break from one another, "There is still a bounty for Karina, it would not be wise for her to be so out in the open in firenation territory."

The three stand in silence for a moment, Karina's clothes are still wet and her hand is still resting on Zuko's arm. Iroh is right, Karina can't stay here, her father was on that blockade and it is likely that he saw her and if he didn't then they could not risk him seeing her. With a slow nodd she withdrew her hand from Zuko's arm and headed into the ship itself.

Black smoke billows from the back of the ship as Zuko grips the bar infront of him.

"What's he up to, Uncle? Why didn't Commander Zhao arrest me?"

"Because he wants to follow you. He knows you'll lead him to the prize you're both after...the Avatar. " a small growl passes Zuko's lips as he grips the bar even tighter, how dare he try and use Zuko's hard work, his tireless efforts to capture the Avatar as a cheat. Once the Avatar was retutrned to his father and he was reinstated into the fire nation Zuko would make Zhao pay for his decietful ways.