Chapter Five

Chapter Five

-

As soon as Luke took his jacket off he let his hand lay loose and stared at the tiny piece of scrunched up paper in his hand. He flicked up the bin lid and chucked it in without a second thought. To him, everything the teacher had just said was complete and utter rubbish.

Theo had gone straight into the living room and turned on the television, cuddled up to the corner of the sofa. It was already five in the evening and it was only a couple of hours before he was sound asleep in bed, and Luke had no doubt that he was already tired. Luke was too, having someone insult him like that drained the energy right out of him. It wasn't the insult as such, it was his loud and over-dramatic response that sucked the little energy he had out of himself, but of course, the blonde didn't understand that.

Luke flicked off the lights in the kitchen and walked into the living room, closing the door to keep in the warmth, something his parents had constantly complained about when he was younger, now realising how important it was in order to consume energy efficiently.

He curled up on the opposite side of the sofa, closing his eyes slightly for a rest. Theo lifted his head slightly to see his father on the other side and crawled over so that he was in front of the man. Luke wrapped an arm around Theo's toro, and the other rested gently on his head where he softly played his overgrown brown locks.

Theo hummed to himself whilst he watched the television, a silly kids programme playing that neither of the pairs had watched before, but it was the only channel they owned that was age-appropriate for Theo.

When the programme ends and the adverts start to play showing the heaps of new toys that had been released, that Luke prayed Theo would never ask him for. Theo rolled over onto his back and looked up at his father. Luke forced his sleepy eyes open and smiled down at his son, he pushed the boy's hair out of his face and leaned down to place a small kiss on his forehead.

"Dad?" Theo asked with a questioning intonation. Luke hummed a yes in response as he fiddled for the remote to turn down the sound. "What did you and Mr Irwin talk about?"

Luke shook his head. "Nothing Theo, he just wanted to tell me you were doing well."

Theo looked away confused. "But you were shouting. You only shout when you are really really angry. Was it my fault?" he asked concerned. The young boy never got in trouble with his father and when he did, he often cried afterwards because the state his father got in scared him.

"It was nothing Theo," Luke sighed that the scene was playing in his son's mind. He looked down at his son's body and understood what Ashton was saying. His face was gaunt, his skin pale and he knew he could easily count each of his son's ribs. He knew it was his doing but didn't know how to change it. He didn't know if he could change it.

If Luke were to allow Theo to eat more, he thought it would affect his own body and it scared him how impure the food would be. Luke gulped and cuddled his son close. "I love you, Theo," he mumbled. Theo simply smiled up at his father in response, cuddling into his chest.

Every once in awhile Luke could hear his sons stomach making noises to indicate he was hungry and Luke knew that he should give his son something to eat for dinner. But, Luke also knew that he wanted to get help for his son and if he was going to do that he just couldn't let his son eat tonight. He just couldn't.

When the sounds of his stomach were replaced with soft snores, Luke placed another small kiss on his sons head before gathering the small boy in his arms, bridal style. He carried him slowly up the stairs and into his room and into his bed that had fresh bedspreads on from this morning. Groaning slightly he pulled the cover-up close to his head and curled his legs up to his chest. Luke watched him in awe, how his eyelashes rested perfectly on his pale skin. Luke always found comfort in the simple sound of his sons breathing, it let him know that he was there.

Quietly Luke drew the curtain, to avoid any light pollution from entering and disturbing his son's sleep. He whispered a quiet good night to Theo and slowly shut the bedroom door.

Luke let his hands raised to his own overgrown hair and he tugged it slightly, letting out a couple of sighs. He then found himself walking downstairs and into the kitchen. His foot pushed the pedal on the bin and his hand slipped in and fished around for the slip of paper he was given earlier. There was hardly anything in the bin, so it wasn't a struggle. Grabbing a glass, Luke yanked opened a cupboard where there sat one bottle of vodka that he kept for emergencies.

Luke knew there were way too many calories in it for his liking, and it was going to make him bloat in the morning. But, right now he didn't care. If he was going to do this, he was going to have to be intoxicated.

After he had finished the whole bottle, Luke slipped out his phone from his pocket and slowly typed in each number. After that came the message, He kept typing in a word and then deleting it again. He didn't know what to say. He didn't want to confess that the man was right, and all he could think about what how kind and handsome the man was. Luke quickly typed a message and sent it.

Okay, maybe we could get coffee?-

Please comment what you think.

Thank you so much for reading