Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

-

Luke and Ashton sat beside one another, whilst the doctor sat on the other side of the bed where the blondes son just moments ago laid sleeping. They had learnt that the doctor's name was Kyle and that he was who Theo was going to be seeing from now on until he was restored back to a healthy weight.

"I know what you are worried about Luke," Kyle stated simply after he had introduced himself, observing his bouncing leg and panicked expression. The blonde looked up to meet the man's eyes unsure of what he was going to say. "I don't think it will benefit either you or Theo is we took him away from you."

"Really?" Luke asked shocked, Ashton squeezing his hand tightly.

"Not at the moment Luke. It is clear that what you have done to him is not out of bad intentions. I can tell you are suffering—"

"There is nothing wrong with me!" Luke argued, cutting him off.

"Luke," Ashton whispered, shaking his head at what the younger man had just said.

Kyle gave a simple nod. "I don't know you Luke, but from the first observation, I can tell you are malnourished just like your son and that you are concerned with what your son eats. The only true way you can help your son Luke is to help yourself."

The twenty-three-year-old shook his head in disagreement. "I have a perfectly healthy diet."

Ashton scoffed slightly and decided to add, "Luke is a vegan and will only eat something that is organic, but even with that he struggles. He basically doesn't!"

"You don't know anything about the way I eat!" Luke interjected Ashton, frowning annoyed that he was exposing him like this.

Kyle sighed. "All I am saying Luke is that whilst you are here you can get help from us. We are willing to listen to what you have to say. I have no right to diagnose you with anything until you either become a patient or admit it to me."

The curly-haired man looked at the blonde with a hope that he would say something, but he sat there silent and shrugged.

"Okay," the doctor concluded. He was a little concerned that Luke was going to sooner or later end up here like his son was, but as the blonde was not a patient and he did not have his consent. he could not do anything. "This is where I do not need your consent, but I am going to run through some concerns we have with Theo and then arrangements that I suggest having."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Surely I have to give consent! He is my child! If I don't want you to do something you can't do it?"

"I'm afraid that is not the case Luke. The laws deny that. Of course, I can take into consideration your suggestions. I want us to work together on this, but I get the final say on what Theo's treatment entails."

Luke sighed with frustration. All he ever tried to do was love his son and give him a healthy lifestyle which would benefit him he was older.

"My main concern as of now is getting Theo up to a healthy weight." Ashton nodded in agreement, he was glad that there was someone who had the authority to help the pair, he just wished Luke was a little less stubborn. "I don't know what type of diet he was on, or if he was getting any food but he needs to be getting a substantial amount for a six-year-old. I fear that if this doesn't start instantly there will be complications when he is older regarding growth of his body and possibly his organs."

Luke's eyes widened in shock at the fact that this could damage his son's organs. He thought avoiding food high in cholesterol would protect them instead.

"It's Ashton, right?" Kyle said looking over at the older man. "Do you live with Luke?"

The curly-haired man shook his head. "We haven't been together long. I'm definitely not ready to move in with him either," he admits knowing that the amount of stress and tension caused by living with them would only drive him away from Luke.

"Okay, that is fine. Would you be willing to help out Luke with Theo?"

"Of course! I've tried to help before but Luke evidently has the power over his son and we had only just started seeing each other so I didn't really have much of a say."

"Are you one hundred perfect committed to this every day? Otherwise, I will need to possibly talk with the family."

"I'll give it my best shot. If I can't then we can easily find someone else to help out." He looked over at the blonde who sat there quietly, picking at his fingers anxiously. "Does Luke really get no control?" He knew this would be difficult for the father, this was all about control. Something was faulty in Luke's brain and a little idea had spiralled out of control.

"Ideally not. If he wants to try and help and learn from what you do then let him." Kyle then turned to Luke. "You can learn from this Luke. But I want you to take control of every meal that Theo eats to ensure it is substantial enough. I'm going to go and see how Theo is getting on and we will talk a little more"

Ashton nodded understandingly, remaining quiet until the doctor left the room before looking at the blonde, he was tearing up and clearly panicking.

"Hey," Ashton said softly, taking both of the blonde's hands in his own. "It's all going to be okay. Look you've still got Theo, you're not losing him. This is all for the best."

Luke nodded, gulping back the tears. "I know," he whispers. "I'm glad Theo is getting help."

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked sensing there was something else bothering the younger man. "Talk to me!"

"If I'm going to stress you, we'll never be able to b together" Ashton went to open his mouth and Luke knew what he was going to say. "I'm not going to change Ashton. I don't want or need help."

Ashton wasn't going to argue, he knew Luke was vulnerable right now and everything was pointing in a better direction and he would soon see sense and get help.

Ashton moves his head closer to Luke. He sits frozen, from both fear and excitement. He leans in, so his foreheads rest against the elders. They close their eyes. Both their breaths are shaking.

"Thank you," Luke mutters in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" he replies, his voice low.

"For being here." Luke's voice wavers, exhilarated from the tension between them.

Ashton gently leans in and kisses Luke's warms lips. They pull apart and take shaky, shallow breaths. Unable to contain themselves anymore, Ashton holds Luke's head in his hands and pulls him into a fiery and passionate kiss. Luke's hands work their way around his body, feeling each crevasse, each line along his perfect physique.

Ashton's hands venture over Luke's body, exploring. They pull apart and open their eyes. They stare at each other, deep into each other's eyes. Luke's full of wonder and love, Ashton's full of curiosity and passion. No words are spoken but a story worthy of them is communicated.

Ashton leans in a softly kisses up and down Luke's neck. Luke lets out little whimpers of anticipation. Ashton works his way back to his tender, smooth lips. There came voices from in the hall, growing louder and they both pulled away. "Maybe we could finish this tonight, once I cook you and Theo one of my finest dishes?"

-

Please comment what you think.

Thank you so much for reading.