Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve 

-

Most families spend the majority of their money on food, and although the limited food the blonde brought was most often on the pricey side, he spent less than half of what an average family would spend weekly.

Luke was able to take Theo home, and Ashton had insisted on driving them home and then buying them some food to make for the young boy's dinner, wanting to start nourishing him immediately.

Theo had wandered off to play with his toys, being deprived of them in the hospital, leaving Ashton and Luke alone in the kitchen. Luke fishing through the kitchen draws trying to find an envelope to put the money in.

"I wish you would've got help Luke," the curly-haired man sighed taking in his frail body. "You would find this so much easier then."

Luke spun around with the envelope and glared at his son's teacher. "Please Ashton, I am fine. I have been living this way for years, and I'm getting by alright. I'm letting you take control of Theo because I don't have the power. But don't undermine my autonomy."

Ashton nodded simply, stepping forward and holding the blonde gently, cupping his face with one hand. He leaned in and softly kissed the tender area at the base of Luke's neck. Luke's body went rigid with surprise as trembles shook his body and the euphoric warmth blossomed within him once more, his anxiety flooding from him. The blonde was breathless with delight as Ashton showered him with gentle, soft kisses. Each with its own flicker of warmth. Luke gazed up at him, thrilled beyond words to be the recipient of his affection. Ashton drew back again and spent a moment studying Luke's face.

Luke felt his blush deepen under his scrutiny. Ashton gazed at the blonde lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else. Ashton tilted Luke's head to the side and kissed him, his lips demanding. Luke felt a smouldering heat deep within him as Ashton's grip tightened, crushing Luke's small body to his, gentle yet firm. He slanted Luke's head further, deepening the kiss.

Ashton was ready to continue, but the blonde heard small footsteps and instantly pulled away to see his son stood there staring at the pair. Theo had never seen any affection like that before, only the love towards him. Luke didn't know what his son would think of it, or of him and Ashton.

Stepping away, Ashton pushed his hair back out of his face and slipped out his phone awkwardly.

"Ashton's going to go shopping," Luke said, leaning down to his son's height, Theo climbed into his arms looking up at his father. "He's going to go and buy some food for you. Do you want to go and help him choose things you like?" the blonde asked the small boy.

Theo grinned widely nodding his head. "Anything?" he queried. "Even chocolate?"

Luke flinched slightly at the word but nodded knowing if he didn't condone it, Ashton could still get him it. The blonde ran his index finger down the small boy's torso, feeling each bump of his rib.

He embraced his son tightly, planting a kiss on his forehead before standing and handing Ashton the envelope with money in. "Go wild!" he laughed nervously. "And can you pick me up some carrots, but make sure they are organic and the small ones."

"I'll get the exact ones," Ashton said smiling at the younger man. "Come on little one," he said holding his hand out for Theo to take. "Let's have some fun!". Before leaving, Ashton took one last look at the blonde, knowing he was struggling. It seemed the only time he was at ease and peace was when he was with him and when Ashton was showing him some affection. It made him wonder whether someone hurt the blonde if he had been deprived of proper love.

-

There was nothing for Luke to do at home. He couldn't clean the house or play with Theo. He could watch the television but his mind was too awake to do that. He found himself climbing the stairs and opening his son's bedroom door. He drew the curtains shut and sat slowly on the edge of the bed.

He couldn't get Ashton out of his mind. How much he liked him,. How much he desired for the man to be with him now. Luke in the comfort of his warm loving arms. But, he wasn't. He was alone like he had been for six years.

Luke fell back onto Theo's small bed, screaming with frustration. He placed his hands on his torso, feeling the layers of cellulite beneath the material. He let his hands yank his top-up, and pry violently at the skin, not caring how angry and red the marks he left were. He felt disgusting. All Luke wanted to do was forget how he feels. He had felt this way for far too long.

Over four years he has had this crazy, obscure diet which promised him a happy and healthy lifestyle and he felt less happy and healthy than he did back then. Luke didn't dare to ponder on what Ashton thought about him, he already gathers that Ashton thought he was crazy and he didn't quite understand why the curly-haired man felt so much affection towards him. It could be sympathy but the blonde didn't want to give up on the hope of a relationship just yet. Ashton provided the family with hope, he could fix them both if they were willing.

Sighing Luke clenched his eyes shut letting his mind wander onto what his son and his teacher were currently doing. He dreaded to see what food they returned with, not wanting such nasty contents in his fridge. The thought of artificial ingredients or unhealthy fats in food sent his brain spiralling out of control and he once again found himself clenching at the skin covering his stomach, shaking from frustration. His muscles soon began to ache and he whimpered softly, curling his legs so that he was in a ball. Luke didn't want this anymore, he wanted to be in Ashton's embrace. But, he couldn't, and wouldn't let this go.

-

Please comment what you think.

Thank you so much for reading.