Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

-

Luke took a deep breath as he sat in front of his therapist failing to meet his eyes, but instead settling on his shiny suit shoes.

"I am glad to see you have turned up Luke! I'm sure this was a difficult decision for you," the man stated as he sat behind a desk with a couple of sheets of paper in front of him.

"I think I've come to the point now where I realise I need help, I can really go much more downhill from here," he admitted, picking at his fingernails.

The therapist nodded. "If I am correct, you've been stuck in this mindset for a while now."

Luke opened his mouth to speak and then took a moment to think about it. "I have never been particularly good with food," he admitted. "But, it all started spiralling out of control about four years ago."

The therapist scribbled the new information down and continued to question. "I say mindset Luke because what we believe you have is not an official disorder." Luke nodded to show he was listening. "But, from what I have gathered from your notes is that you struggle with eating in regards to seeing food as either impure or unhealthy?"

"A bit like that, yes," Luke agreed. "It's more complex but you won't understand, no one ever does."

"I don't think it is that people don't understand Luke," the therapist confirmed. "Often in cases like this, your loved ones struggle to see you like this are oblivious to understanding you and just want you to recover." That sounded familiar to Luke, that was exactly how Ashton had acted. "What I struggle to understand Luke is how you were able to lead your son to starvation too."

The blonde closed his eyes shut tightly. It took a therapist sitting in front to restate the sequence of events that had occurred the last couple of years for the blonde to realise how wrong and unnatural all of this was. "It's complicated. Theo is a part of me and what he eats I believe I eat."

The man nodded looking up at the clock knowing their introduction session had nearly concluded. "I can tell you are willing to break this habit and recover Luke and that is what we need in sessions if we want a positive outcome. I have never met someone like you Luke, in this situation and I will be sure to do a bit of research but I think we are already getting somewhere."

-

"My tummy hurts!" Theo groaned as he laid on his back with his hands on his stomach. Ashton the other side with his hand resting on Luke's bum, his hand gently caressing it. Ashton had taken the trio to a small, local cake shop knowing it was a risky situation yet so badly wanted it to be a norm.

"That's because you're greedy and ate two slices of cake!" Ashton chuckled.

Luke laughed lightly, he didn't like what he and his son just ate but knew that it wasn't the end of the world. Therapy was already helping.

Luke placed his hands on the small boy's belly causing him to stick his belly out a little further. Luke rubbed small comforting circles into his skin. "I'm proud of you Theo," he whispered to his son. "You're so strong."

"You can be too daddy," he responded pushing himself up and cuddling into his father's side, placing his little hand on his father's con-caved stomach. "Ashton said you are being very brave and he is super proud of you."

Luke smiled thankfully at his son before looking up at the older man. "I didn't think you were going to go. That's another reason why I came, to make sure you did. But you did I am really proud of you."