Chapter Six

Chapter Six

-

Ashton wasn't sure what the message was saying. Whether Luke just wanted to talk in dating type of way. Or that he had finally come to terms with what Ashton had said the previous day and was going to let him help. Either way, the curly-haired man was happy he'd get to spend time with the blonde man because he felt some sort of affection towards him.

Ashton gathered that because Luke had a child, he must be straight. He was still a little uncertain as to why he was a single parent, but in order to create Theo, he would have had to sleep with a girl. There was always the possibility that he was bisexual. But, more often than not, when Ashton found himself liking another male, they were straight. Hence why he has been single for the majority of his life.

Dressing in a short sleeve black shirt and some jeans, Ashton combed his hair into a semi-smart way, not liking to gel it when he was not working. He found himself ready half an hour early, therefore, decided to play a quick game on his console to pass the time.

-

Theo practically ran beside his father as they walked a couple of streets away to where Luke's parents lived. They agreed to look after Theo whilst Luke was meeting with Ashton. When his mother asked what he was doing, he simply said he was meeting up with a friend. He knew his mother was longing for him to have a partner, male or female, but Luke didn't think this would go anywhere. Ashton was his son's teacher after all.

"Dad you're walking too fast!" Theo complained, his little legs aching from the quick pace his father was walking at. Luke did have long legs, but he was purposely walking fast as he knew that way he could burn off the calories he drank last night in the vodka. There wasn't much, but Luke felt a lot heavier. And as he had suspected, he woke up bloated and was conscious everyone could see it. He also woke up with his headache and was annoyed with himself that he drunk the whole bottle.

Luke sighed and crouched down to allow his son to jump on his shoulder. Theo laughed and hugged his father neck tightly. "Where are you going, dad?" Theo asked, curious as to why he had to stay with his Nan. Luke never went out, therefore this was a rare occurrence for the small brunette.

"I'm just meeting up with a friend," Luke lied, not wanting Theo to know it was his teacher. Luke wasn't sure how wrong this was — if it were illegal.

When they arrived at Luke's parents, Theo rushed in to find their dog. Luke's mother ushered him into the kitchen, the blonde telling her he couldn't stay long and they could talk more when he returned.

"How are doing?" she asked, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder, looking him up and down.

"We're doing fine mum. Everything is good," Luke said, not wanting her to worry because it would only stress him out more.

She sighed and shook her head. "You're both looking a little frail Luke. Are you feeding Theo properly? I know you have some extreme—"

"It's not extreme," Luke quickly dismissed. When people didn't understand the reason for the way he ate and the food he chose, he could always feel himself getting tenser.

"It's just Theo is so young Luke, he needs to be getting the right balance of food otherwise his growth will be stunted. If you loved him, Luke, you'd let him eat freely."

"Mum I'm an adult now! I know what the right foods are to give my son. I know what he needs and he is perfectly healthy." His mother wanted to object, but Luke began to move out of the kitchen. "You still have the list of foods he is allowed?" She looked over at the fridge where the very short list was stuck and nodded. "If he said he's hungry give him a little something, but don't give him too much, he knows overindulgence is unethical."

Luke's mother could not help but scoff at how ridiculous her son was being. She knew he had a problem, but Luke made it clear he didn't to her and she was not to get involved in it as he was an adult. "He's a child Luke! I will give him whatever he likes! Chocolate, ice cream, anything a little kid would enjoy!" She watched Luke's face fill with panic. "If you don't begin to nourish the poor boy properly, I will take him from you and won't give him back until you get your act together!"

"Mum," he whispered, his body trembling. "I'm trying. I going to start today. Just for today. The last day of this, please don't give him anything that is not on that list."

"Go and get help," she muttered, ushering him out of the kitchen towards the door. Before he left, she embraced him in a hug, tightly. "Let this person help you, Luke."

-

As Luke passed the coffee shops window, he saw Ashton already there, scrolling through his phone. He promised his mother he'd let Ashton help him.

He took a deep breath and pushed the glass door open, he saw his son's teacher lift his head up, and smile tug at his lips. Luke slowly walked over, his heart pounding at what he was getting himself into, all of his morals could be flushed down the toilet just by letting this kind man help him.

Luke let his hand touch the cold metal chair, and Ashton stood up to hold his hand out, muttering an enthusiastic, "Hi."

The blonde shook his head and turned abruptly, rushing out of the coffee shop and back in the direction he came, leaving Ashton standing there with his arm extended in mid-air.

-

Please comment what you think.

Thank you so much for reading.