July 31st, 2014

Calum picked up his phone on the first ring, because he already knew who it was. He had a specific ringtone just for her and hadn't changed it since she left, he knew who was calling.

"Calum?" A soft voice on the other end said, and Calum suddenly felt like he was going to pass out. He hadn't heard her voice in so long, it sounded almost new to him.

"Sam, hi. How's it going?" Calum asked in a rush, not sure of what else to say. He wanted to yell at her, question why she left, but all he could actually do was just talk. He had missed her so much and all he wanted at the moment was to show her that.

"I need your help." Sam said quietly, and Calum was able to hear a door slam behind her.

"Help?" Calum questioned, "What kind of help? Are you in trouble? Sam, what's going on?"

"I'm leaving." She said, and Calum felt his heart start to race. She said the same thing to him only a few months before, but it was much different. Because she was leaving him and she wasn't planing on ever coming back.

"What? What do you mean?" Calum asked. There were shouts heard on the other end of the phone and more doors slamming, and he heard Sam's breathing pick up.

"I just have to get out of here, and I didn't know who else to call." Sam explained quickly. "Can you pick me up, please? I'm taking a bus back to Sydney. I'm coming home."

"I thought that there was your home now?" Calum asked bitterly. All anyone had told him for the past three months was that Sam had a new home now, that wasn't with Calum. He thought that she didn't need him anymore, why was she suddenly calling him for help?

"Cal, please." Sam begged. He could hear that she was crying, and that made Calum's chest hurt. He never stopped loving Sam and he didn't think that he ever would, it hurt to hear her upset like that.

"How are soon are you getting here?" Calum asked after a second, letting out a big sigh.

"I just left the house, I'm walking to the bus stop now." Sam said. Calum glanced out the window and saw that it was raining hard outside, and he wondered if it was storming this badly wherever Sam was. "I should be back in a few hours."

"I don't know if - " For some reason Calum wanted to put up a fight. Sam had broken his heart, he didn't know why he should just jump up to go rescue her when they hadn't even spoken for three months.

"Cal." Sam choked out again, her sobs becoming more clear. Calum didn't know what it was, but there was definitely something that Sam was trying to get away from whenever she was and she clearly needed help. Calum may be upset with her, but he couldn't just let her suffer like this.

"I'll be there, Sam, okay?" Calum assured her, already grabbing his coat from the edge of his bed where he'd thrown it earlier in the day.

"Calum, I'm so sorry." Sam said, continuing to cry.

"It's okay, Sam. We'll talk later. Call me when you're almost here, I'll be waiting for you." Calum said. And with that he hung up, because he was sure that if he stayed on the phone with her for any longer he would just spill out all of his feelings with no self control whatsoever.

Calum walked out into the living room, where his friends were sat on the couch watching TV and eating some food that Calum's roommate, Luke, had picked up for them all.

"Hey, where are you going?" Luke asked, noticing that Calum was wearing his coat. He was sitting with his arm around Ronnie, who was Luke's on again, off again girlfriend. She was in mid conversation with Rachel, who was sitting on her boyfriend Michael's lap while he tried to play a video game. Ashton and Avery were missing, like they always were.

"Sam called." Calum said, and they all froze.

"Sam what?" Michael paused his video game and turned to Calum, who was still nervously standing in front of all of them. He wasn't used to coming out of his room very much anymore, and it was strange to have all eyes on him like this.

"Sam called me. She needs help, I'm going to pick her up at the bus stop."

"Help?" Ronnie questioned, sitting up straight. Luke did as well, because whatever Ronnie did, he followed.

"I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but I'm going to go get her and bring her back here." Calum explained, "She needs me. I have to go."

"Cal, are you sure that - " Rachel started, but Michael shushed her. He knew how much Calum cared about Sam and that he wasn't going to back down from this.

"I'm sure. I'll be back later, hopefully with Sam." Calum said, giving everyone a nod as he turned towards the front door of their apartment.

"Calum!" Luke called after him, detangling himself from Ronnie and standing up. He jogged over to Calum, who was about to leave.

"Don't try to stop me, Luke." Calum sighed. The two boys were best friends, but lately they'd been fighting and there was a lot of unresolved tension between them. "I know what I'm doing."

"I know, I wasn't going to try and stop you." Luke chuckled, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Really?" Calum raised an eyebrow at Luke, because it seemed like all he ever did these days was stop Calum from doing things.

"I just wanted to say good luck." Luke smiled, patting Calum on the back and giving him a shove out the door. "And go win her back, I know you can."

-

I feel like I'm watching a movie from the end to the beginning

This is going to be quite different than the original fyi and I'll explain later but basically the dates at the top are important cuz the chapters are all out of order ((like 500 days of summer or the fanfic September))

I hope you like this I'll try not to delete it this time