July 3rd, 2014

Calum could hear Ronnie and Luke arguing in the room next to him. He was supposed to be sleeping, at least that's what they thought, and that's why they weren't being very quiet with their yelling.

"This needs to stop, Luke, it's too much!" Ronnie shouted. Calum sat up in his bed and moved so he was leaning against the wall, so he had an easier time hearing what Luke and Ronnie were fighting about. He knew that he was the topic of conversation.

"It can't stop, Ronnie! I can't just stop taking care of him, he's my best friend!" Luke yelled back. Usually Calum would he happy with the way that his friend was defending him, but it was different this time. Luke's voice sounded annoyed, like he was being forced to say what was coming out of his mouth. Like he was being forced to take care of Calum.

"I know, I get it, but this has gone on for too long. It's been over two months, when is he going to understand that sitting around and crying all day isn't going to get him anywhere?" Ronnie asked, making Calum flinch. He thought that she was his friend, he didn't think that she felt this way about him. Everyone had been so nice to Calum since Sam left, he didn't think that it was a problem that he didn't want to do anything. Calum just thought that his friends would understand what he was going through.

"He's taking it really hard, I know, Ronnie, but you have to try and understand, okay? I need to help him. He's my best friend." Luke said, his voice sounding slightly calmer now. The fight wasn't over, though, Calum knew that.

"What about me?" Ronnie asked. Calum decided to stand up, then, and made his way out of his room and towards Luke's. He stood outside of the door, debating whether or not he should go in and try to stop this argument between the two of them. They had just started to officially "go out" a few weeks before, Calum didn't want to be the cause of their breakup.

"What does that mean?" Luke snapped.

"I just... I really like you, and I thought things were all going to work out. But now that you spend all of your free time with Calum I'm not so sure anymore." Ronnie said. Calum stayed outside of Luke's bedroom door, which was slightly ajar, still trying to decide if he wanted to go in there or not.

"Things can work out, Ronnie, it's just - " Luke paused, like he was searching for the right words to say to her. "Things are tough right now, you have to understand."

"I've tried to understand, Luke, I really have. It's been weeks and honestly I'm sick of you blowing me off all the time because Calum's too drunk to walk on his own again." Ronnie said

"No, I don't blow you off. You're making this seem worse than it is." Luke denied. Calum felt his breathing picking up. This wasn't what he wanted, he didn't want his best friend to get into an argument with his dream girl over him. Calum was ruining things, for everyone.

"But that's exactly what happens, and I'm tired of it. You do whatever he tells you to do and are willing to drop everything for Calum, no matter what. He needs actual help, Luke, not just you. And if you were really his best friend you would stop trying to take care of him yourself and get him the help he needs." Ronnie said quickly, her voice lowering. Calum wondered if she had seen him standing by the door. The room was dark, so Calum couldn't see much, but he didn't know if he was in Ronnie's line of vision or not.

"He needs me." Luke yelled, obviously growing frustrated with this whole thing.

"God, Luke, can't you see? He's only acting like this because you tell him that it's okay. The two of you have practically shut everyone out because he s too depressed or whatever to even get out of bed and you're acting like his fucking mother and cleaning him up when he gets sick on himself!" Ronnie shouted. Calum leaned up against the wall next to the door and slid down until he was sitting on the ground, his knees pulled up to his chest.

He didn't want to go in there now. He didn't even want to listen to what they were saying anymore, really, but Calum couldn't seem to pull himself away. He had no idea that Ronnie felt that way, and he knew that of she thought that about him them their other friends probably thought the same thing. He knew Ashton did. They probably sat around and talked about how pathetic Calum was all the time, and he'd had no idea.

"I'm trying to help him!" Luke stressed, and Calum could tell that he was talking through gritted teeth.

"Well it's not working, okay? Just give it up!" Ronnie yelled.

"I'm not going to give up on him, he's my - "

"He's your best friend!" Ronnie yelled, cutting Luke off. "I get it, I really do!"

"If you get it then why are you still acting like this?" Luke asked. "I'm trying really hard to make things better again, and I need you to...to just be patient, please, Ronnie."

"I have been patient, Luke. But I'm done waiting for you to realize what's really going on here." Ronnie said, letting out a big sigh.

"Stop being so selfish! Calum's hurting, I'm trying to help him, and you should be too instead of bitching about me spending so much time with him!" Luke shouted, but Ronnie was already making her way out the door.

"Ronnie, babe, wait - "

They both walked out of Luke's room and down the hall, in the opposite direction of where Calum was sitting, so they didn't notice him listening in to their fight.

"Just give it up, Luke! We're over!" Calum heard Ronnie yell, before the front door of their apartment slammed shut.

Luke slowly made his way back down the hallway, rubbing his hands over his face. He finally saw Calum sitting by the bedroom door and rushed over to him, his first thought being that he needed some sort of help.

"Cal? What's wrong?" Luke asked urgently, grabbing Calum's hands to help him up off the ground.

Calum felt absolutely awful. This was his fault, all of it. He knew how much Luke loved Ronnie and now they had broken up because of him. He didn't mean for them to fight about this, Calum had never thought that he was doing something wrong before, he just thought that he was being sad and Luke was being a good friend by helping him out. Calum never thought for even a second that he could cause so many problems.

"Did you hear all of that?" Was all Luke had to ask before Calum burst into tears, pulling Luke forward in a big hug.

"Hey, it's okay, man." Luke chuckled, awkwardly patting Calum on the back. He didn't understand how Luke could be chuckling at a time like this. Didn't Ronnie matter to him at all? He'd just lost her, Luke should be the one crying.

"It's not okay." Calum cried, clutching onto the fabric of Luke's t-shirt in his fists.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Luke said softly, leading Calum back into his room. Truth is, Luke was sad about being dumped with Ronnie, but he couldn't let Calum see that. Luke needed to be strong, for Calum, he couldn't let himself be sad when he already had Calum to look after.

Luke walked Calum over to the bed and waited for him to lay down before crawling under the covers himself. The boys did that sometimes, even before Sam left. It was usually when they wanted to talk a lot, or they were drunk, and they just couldn't sleep alone for one night. They never did anything more than cuddle a little, it was completely normal.

"Luke," Calum choked out, rolling over so he could rest his head on Luke's shoulder.

"Shh, just go to bed." Luke said, insisting that Calum get some sleep. "We'll talk in the morning."

-

so basically ronnie sees through calums shit as well and is also fed up with it, while luke is still on calum's side cuz he loves his boyfriend ((lmao))

idk what else to say now okay bye sorry this update was shit