April 22nd, 2014

Calum woke up in the middle of the night because he could hear Sam moving around next to him in bed, and he was worried about how much she was fidgeting.

"Baby, are you okay?" Calum mumbled sleepily, his eyes still closed as he reached out for his girlfriend.

"I'm fine," Sam choked back a sob, trying not to alarm Calum. "Go back to sleep, Cal."

"What's wrong?" Calum sat up, having noticed that Sam sounded like she was crying. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to wake himself up.

"Nothing's wrong." Sam sniffed, wiping under her eyes. Calum reached out and tried to cup her cheeks, which were stained with Sam's tears and leftover makeup from the night before.

"Samantha, something's obviously wrong." Calum scoffed, shaking his head when Sam scooted away from him. "Talk to me."

"I have to go." Sam whispered. She crawled across Calum and hopped off of the bed, despite Calum trying to pull her back into his arms.

"Sam..." Calum said slowly. "What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"I just need to get out of here, Cal." She whispered. She began to pace back and forth, looking down at the ground, as if she was searching for something.

"What's wrong, where do you need to go?" Calum asked. He got off of the bed as well and watched as Sam bent down and picked up one of his shirts (the one she always borrowed) and slid it on her body.

"Cal, please." Sam begged, trying to quiet him down. She hadn't expected him to even wake up, she had no idea what to say now that Calum was asking what she was doing.

"Stop it, Sam, just come back to bed." Calum pleaded with her, but Sam just walked away again, looking under Calum's bed for the pair of shorts she was wearing earlier.

"I have to go, Calum." Sam snapped, more tears falling from her eyes as she spoke.

"I - I don't understand." Calum stammered, though he felt as though he already knew what was coming. Sam told him from the start that she had a habit of leaving, he should have known that it'd only be a matter of time before she did.

"I'm so sorry." Sam cried, walking over to Calum again at his place on the edge of his bed.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"I love you, Cal, I really do, but I need to go." Sam whispered, grabbing both of Calum's hands. She pulled him up, so he was standing before her.

"You'll be back tomorrow, though, right?" Calum asked. He didn't want to admit to himself that this was it, it was over now.

"No." Sam said softly, backing away from Calum. She turned and left the room, Calum following closely behind her.

"Sam, come back!" He yelled, not caring that Luke was asleep in the room down the hall and might wake up due to the noise. Calum didn't care, he didn't care about anything but Sam. "Where the hell are you going?"

"I told you, Cal, I'm leaving." Sam turned around when she reached the front door, trying to stop Calum from following her any further.

"No, you can't leave!" Calum whined, "I'll come with you, where are you going?"

"You can't." Sam said quickly. "I told you when we first met that I did this Calum, I'm sorry."

"But - but I love you!" Calum yelled, grabbing Sam's wrist so she couldn't walk away.

"I love you, too, but - I'm sorry." Sam stood on her tiptoes again and pressed her lips to Calum's one last time, and Calum tried to keep her there, pressed against him, for as long as he could before she pulled away.

"I love you so much, don't leave me, please." Calum begged, a few tears escaping from the corners of his eyes and down his cheeks.

"I have to." Sam whispered again, slowly backing out the door, holding onto Calum's hand until she couldn't anymore, and then she was gone.

And Calum didn't even run after her.

He slammed the door shut as hard as he could, because Calum wasn't even sad anymore. He was mad. How could Sam just do that? How could she just leave like Calum didn't even matter at all?

It was okay, though, because Calum knew that Sam would be back. This was just another thing, a Sam thing, and she'd be back. She was so funny, she was always trying to play tricks on Calum like this. She be back.

Right?

No, wrong.

"What the fuck!?" Calum screamed, turning around quickly and punching the wall, because that was all he think of doing. He slid down the wall and brought his knees up to his chest and buried his face in them.

Calum sat there and sobbed into his hands for a good while, he wasn't sure how long, before he heard footsteps approaching him. He quickly looked up, hoping that it was Sam, that she'd somehow gotten back in the apartment and was laughing at how gullible Calum was.

It was just Luke.

"Come on, mate, let's go to bed." Luke sighed, bending down to help Calum up off the floor. Luke practically carried Calum back to his room and helped him get back to bed before leaving the room without saying another word.

Calum rolled over and buried his face into his pillow, crying even harder now. Sam was supposed to be there. Sam was supposed to be asleep next to him. Sam was supposed to be comforting him while he cried. But she wasn't.

Sam was gone, and Calum didn't think she was ever coming back.

-

this made me sad aw

sam doesn't give like any explanation as to why she left but it'll be explained a little more in the next chapter so don't yell at me lol